Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles the great
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Awesome throw Blake good to see things haven't changed

Brice Petty anyone?
BBINT

No....

Just no....

Bryce Petty make it happen!!! 

Bortles VS Manning!!! Lol.
BORTLES, WHY HATH THOU FORSAKEN ME
Someone tell Blake it's sftill preseason
Oh remember this one Peyton Manning threw 28 int his rookie year which obviously justifies Bortles horrible decisions. Problem with that argument is manning threw 26 TD his rookie year too
Remember when some people actually said they would take Blake over Luck?
This thread wasn't enough?

Quote:This thread wasn't enough?

He starts one of these each week I think. Dude obviously has some serious issue with Bortles.
Blake Bortles looked great during PreSeason but he has greatly declined during the season.  However, he's had no Oline or running game for most of the season.  He's had injured WRs that are always rotating out.
Quote:Blake Bortles looked great during PreSeason but he has greatly declined during the season. However, he's had no Oline or running game for most of the season. He's had injured WRs that are always rotating out.

No no our oline is good and we stonewalled Jj Watt. We shut him down so hard that we lost by 14.
I like the "Our O-line was so good because Watt got two sacks when we didn't even try to block him..."  Err...

JJ only had two sacks but when I watched that game he impacted it a lot more than the stats show.

I still dont get why people judge Blake's play in the preseason and say he has "declined." Its a totally different thing from the actual season. Blake has literally played around the same level since the first game he started. 

All the talk of Bortles, declining, improving, plateauing, whatever is ridiculously premature to me.  

He's a rookie that was deemed "raw" by every scouting report published pre-draft.  Inconsistency should have been expected.  

I expect plenty more inconsistency before he really levels off anywhere.  

Quote:All the talk of Bortles, declining, improving, plateauing, whatever is ridiculously premature to me.

He's a rookie that was deemed "raw" by every scouting report published pre-draft. Inconsistency should have been expected.

I expect plenty more inconsistency before he really levels off anywhere.
I agree with this. From what I can tell, Bortles is struggling to consistently run a methodical, clock-control type offense at this point in his development. Bortles at this point is at his best when Fisch goes to a hurry-up, shotgun style offense that moves the launch point and goes sandlot. If Bortles puts in the offseason work to improve his footwork and get a better grasp of the playbook and the tendencies of his teammates, there's no reason not to believe that the sky is the limit for this guy.