Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Want to see Blake Borltes turn it on these last 6 weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bortles has had a typical rookie seasons.  High's, low's, and everything in between.  His stats reflect this with some being good while others being bad.

Bortles 2014 stats through 7 starts

QB Rating: 72

Comp %: 63  (impressive)

Yds/gm: 240 (impressive)

Yds/atm: 6.9 (ok)

TD (8) ugh

INT: 14 (ugly)

I would really like to see him put together a few games without those ballbusting mistakes he has made.  His worst start was against Cleveland in a game we actually won. 

yeah, I think we all do

We see he can make the throws. He's accurate enough to be an elite QB. He just needs to grasp the mental side of the game and stop the easily-prevented mistakes. I believe that comes with time in playing the position. I assume he'll get better as the season goes on.

Obviously it would be fantastic if Blake turned it on these last few weeks.  I think being realistic is he will be much of the same.  He needs serious time to work on his fundamentals. 1 week is more then likely not going to do it.

How many BB threads do we actually need?
alot

I too want to see him light it up
Quote:Bortles has had a typical rookie seasons.  High's, low's, and everything in between.  His stats reflect this with some being good while others being bad.

Bortles 2014 stats through 7 starts

QB Rating: 72

Comp %: 63  (impressive)

Yds/gm: 240 (impressive)

Yds/atm: 6.9 (ok)

TD (8) ugh

INT: 14 (ugly)

I would really like to see him put together a few games without those ballbusting mistakes he has made.  His worst start was against Cleveland in a game we actually won. 

6.9 YPA is impressive for a rookie. Andrew Luck threw for 7.0 as a rookie and only 6.7 last season.
Ya I want Bortles to turn me on too these last six weeks
Im lighting it up right now
I want to see deep balls hitting players in stride.
Quote:I want to see deep balls hitting players in stride.
I like to see players get open for him to throw the deep ball.
Bortles needs to go balls deep
Quote:Bortles needs to go balls deep

Well show me a game where he missed a guy deep or didn't attempt to throw it deep when the opportunity was there since you and other has said this in the current topic discussion?
I think we need to penetrate the tight end more.

On the few instances that he actually has time/protection to throw deep, I'd just like to see him display some solid technique/footwork.  I don't care if it's a wobbly duck and I don't care if it's caught "in-stride."  Just don't want to see him stare down one guy and/or not step into the throw.  

Hopefully his TEs help him out this week Big Grin