Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If the price was right, would you re-sign Joeckle at guard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just curious.

Price would be vet minimum.

No, would rather sign Omameh

Better options are available on the open market for the Jaguars,  even on a per dollar basis.

Cut bait.
Vet minimum

Nope
I don't think he'd sign at vet minimum. He probably wants to be a tackle anyway.

For depth, yes.
No. I'd rather pay big money to get someone reliable, like Zeitler or even draft someone with that 2nd round pick. 

Quote:For depth, yes.

^Right here.
Quote:No. I'd rather pay big money to get someone reliable, like Zeitler or even draft someone with that 2nd round pick. 
I agree completely.

If Joeckel could play guard well, and fill in a pinch at T, maybe.

But he stunk at LT and stunk at G.

Id rather have Zeitler and Cann at G.
I was for it before (as depth at our price, for a G salary) but the more I consider it he needs a change of scenery.

It would do us both good.  We need to move on and he needs a new start.

Some team will pay him more than we'd be willing to. I'd bring him back a depth though if the price is right
I know he isn't popular around here, but yes. He was playing pretty well at guard and he has tackle experience. He'll get offered a contract to stay at guard but will leave to try and get tackle money.

We need these guys

[Image: o-line-080900.jpg]

nah I think he's done here.  Time to go.  Kind of like Anger.  He will play in the league somewhere else, but I think the mutual thing will be that it's better to move on.

Hope he signs with the tacks, clots, or tinhorns
For league minimum, sure.

No. Line play was better after he left.  Just doesn't have enough of a mean streak and bulk.  The way he gets blown up (on his back in the backfield) is unacceptable for a starting OL.

Pages: 1 2 3