Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blown Opportunities / Turnovers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags have had 12 turnovers in their opponent's territory. 

7 of them 30 yards from pay dirt - or closer. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...-territory

This team lacks attention to detail and that starts at the top.

Not bashing ...  just stating that Gus needs enforce discipline heading into next year when it's time to win.

The turnovers this season have been absolutely gut wrenching.

Turnovers will happen in football, but the sheer numbers of them late in games and in opponent territory are horrific. Bortles' INT that he claimed was an attempt to throw the ball away and Shorts' fumble against the titans inside the 20 were especially tough to take because they stopped what were promising chances at wins.

Don't talk to Gus about opportunities.
Quote:The turnovers this season have been absolutely gut wrenching.

Turnovers will happen in football, but the sheer numbers of them late in games and in opponent territory are horrific. Bortles' INT that he claimed was an attempt to throw the ball away and Shorts' fumble against the titans inside the 20 were especially tough to take because they stopped what were promising chances at wins.

The Shorts turnover was probably the worst one of the season and likely cost them the game.
The game against the Cowboys I kept thinking to myself that the Jaguars are defeating themselves more than that of the Cowboys out playing them.

Quote:This team lacks attention to detail and that starts at the top.

Not bashing ...  just stating that Gus needs enforce discipline heading into next year when it's time to win.

lol not bashing, but... (commence bashing)

Turnovers has cost us a couple of games. The pick 6 against the Steelers after forcing a Big Ben fumble comes to mind as well as the others listed above. The sooner we clean up the mistakes the faster this team gets back on the winning track.
Quote:Don't talk to Gus about opportunities.

you mean, ahhpurrtunity
Quote:The Shorts turnover was probably the worst one of the season and likely cost them the game.

I agree. Watching it happen on television was like getting kicked in the crotch. Wide receiver fumbles just shouldn't happen, especially to veterans.
Raven09 -  If you consider that bashing then you are an extremely sensitive person.

Quote:Raven09 -  If you consider that bashing then you are an extremely sensitive person.

How is saying that the head coach doesn't show attention to detail anything but bashing him?  You're not dragging his name through the mud, but still doing it.  I bet you like to say "with all due respect..."

I can do it too.  With all due respect, Hurricane shows a complete lack of understanding of the differences between coaching and player application on the field.  See what I did there?  I called you stupid in a nice way.   Same thing.

This is what you get with a young team.  Everybody can say it's an excuse all they want, but it still remains true.  It's a young team and their mistakes are going to be magnified because of how many young players are contributing.  It's not all on the coach.  Some of it is, but the rest is on the players for not executing on the field what they're being coached.

Another thing to look at is just how much the turnover stat can change from year to year.  It's a finicky thing the way a ball bounces and it changes almost every year with every team.  Turnovers are a problem now, but I'm not going to worry about them as much as other people here will because I believe that a lot of the turnovers we've seen can be easily corrected with the players getting more experienced.

Raven seems like a douche
Really moderators?? Douche is a bad word??? It's just a feminine hygiene product jeez
Quote:Raven seems like a [BAD WORD REMOVED]

Quote:Really moderators?? [BAD WORD REMOVED] is a bad word??? It's just a feminine hygiene product jeez

Yea, I'm a feminine hygiene product just because I call another person out on bashing the head coach.  Then followed up with a thought out response to the turnover problem.

Nice job  Rolleyes
Quote:Yea, I'm a feminine hygiene product just because I call another person out on bashing the head coach.  Then followed up with a thought out response to the turnover problem.

Nice job  Rolleyes
You're such a Pantene Pro-V...

Ugh.
Quote:Really moderators?? [BAD WORD REMOVED] is a bad word??? It's just a feminine hygiene product jeez
Watch out... these moderators are as eager to warn you as the Jaguars are to get this season over.