Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts message board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I joined the official team message board for some friendly chatter about the next game and teams involved. That board does have a minimum post count to start threads, so I looked for a Jaguars-related thread in the NFL General section. What I found was sympathy for Allen Robinson:

http://forums.colts.com/topic/32755-alle...he-season/

This is a great example of a classy fan: "I hate that. Robinson is going to be a stud."

After replying to that thread, I went to the Colts secttion and found this:

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Why didn't the Texans, Bengals, and Ravens . . .call 38 running plays against us like the Pats did?

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I understand why the Titans, Jags and Giants didn't - they're crappy teams so it wouldn't have mattered anyway,

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">and this:

Quote:Because the Colts are good at stretch/outside runs which is what Forsett/Benard/Foster/McCoy do best. But Foster still had a great day

It's the inside runs right up the gut and power plays that the Colts can't stop 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">So I replied:

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">(quoted first poster)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">I have news for you about the Jaguars. Although as a team they are still not very good their running game was nonexistent against the Colts because coaches did not know who the best RB is, the starting right tackle was out, a rookie made his first start at center, and it was the first game without Marcedes Lewis. Players had not gelled yet because four offensive linemen were new to Jacksonville and the other had only played two full games at his current position. A lot of progress was made during the eight weeks Lewis was out and he returns this week. That means you're going to see a more balanced attack Sunday and some runs by Blake Bortles.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">(quoted second poster)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">That is good news for the Colts Sunday because the Jaguars call too many stretch runs and Denard Robinson is more of an outside runner. I have to hope Toby Gerhart gets a lot of carries.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Then somebody quoted me and wrote this:

Quote:Please don't, the thought of Toby Gehart destroying us on the ground is just too much to take right now [Image: 25tongue.gif]

Even though your divisional rivals, kinda have a soft spot for the Jag, I guess it's "Browns" syndrome where you'd like them to be good at least one season. That and it would be nice to have good teams in the division so we don't get the constant "yeah but you win your division by default". 

If the Texans find a QB (Mallet?) and the Jags put some good pieces around Bortles and that WR corps it could get very interesting in the AFC South.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">My first impression is Colts fans are classy and do not think it is their job to hate the Jaguars. They might teach us a lesson on message board behavior if I am not seeing exceptions to the rule.

After reading my reply in the Allen Robinson thread, someone posted this:

Quote:Didn't even know we had Jaguars fans here. Nice to see though. I have a soft spot for the Jags. Unfortunate that he is injured. Tough loss, but at least they don't have to worry too much about impacting playoff hopes...

Why aren't there any Jaguars fans with a soft spot for the Colts?

Quote:After reading my reply in the Allen Robinson thread, someone posted this:

The colts already have a soft spot. It's on the top of their heads.
Quote:After reading my reply in the Allen Robinson thread, someone posted this:

Because the clots can suck it, that's why.
It's tourist season on the clots board lol.
Quote: 

Hey, the colts are easily my least hated of our divisional rivals!
Quote:It's tourist season on the Colts board LOL.

Where did you get that information? Have you been to the Colts board?
Quote:Where did you get that information? Have you been to the Colts board?
I got that info from the OP. You see when a Broncos fan opens an account on the clots board to chat, that's being a tourist. Kinda like when your on tour here on the Jags board.
And what's not to hate about the franchise that dangled a NFL team in front of our city's nose only to use it as leverage in Indy. Why not love the team that has been the bane of our existence since realignment? I mean if you really have to ask why Jag fans hate the clots, again that makes you a Jaguar tourist not a Jaguar fan.
Quote:And what's not to hate about the franchise that dangled a NFL team in front of our city's nose only to use it as leverage in Indy. Why not love the team that has been the bane of our existence since realignment? I mean if you really have to ask why Jag fans hate the clots, again that makes you a Jaguar tourist not a Jaguar fan.

You don't have to like me, but you do have to accept the fact that I am a diehard Jaguars fan, not a board tourist in any way. Also, there is no reason to think just because a team beat us up every year for a decade, we're required to hate that team to be fans of the Jaguars.

Quote:You don't have to like me, but you do have to accept the fact that I am a diehard Jaguars fan, not a board tourist in any way. Also, the bane of our existence since realignment was Peyton Manning, not the Indiapoalis Colts.
AND WHAT FREAKING TEAM DID PEYTON PLAY FOR?!?!?! And yes you have the right to root for as many teams as you want. I have the right the view ALL other teams AND their fans as The Hated Enemy. I hate every team not the Jaguars. THAT is my definition of a die-hard fan. I quit playing fantasy football 20 years ago because I didn't EVER want to have a rooting interest against my team. So go ahead and root for as many teams as you want to I could care less. But you are a tourist. How else can you explain you wanting to make Jason Babin a defensive captain a month AFTER he was cut from the team?
Colts fans classy?  

Clearly you haven't gotten to know Sammy. 

:teehee:

Quote:Colts fans classy?  

Clearly you haven't gotten to know Sammy.

I was wondering why Sammy has not been here at all this season.
Some people just love football period. Which I do, of course the Jags are my team hands down but it is nice to watch other players/teams across the NFL and hope they have good careers. Doesnt mean I want our rivals to win or anything....

Quote:AND WHAT FREAKING TEAM DID PEYTON PLAY FOR?!?!?! And yes you have the right to root for as many teams as you want. I have the right the view ALL other teams AND their fans as The Hated Enemy. I hate every team not the Jaguars. THAT is my definition of a die-hard fan. I quit playing fantasy football 20 years ago because I didn't EVER want to have a rooting interest against my team. So go ahead and root for as many teams as you want to I could care less. But you are a tourist. How else can you explain you wanting to make Jason Babin a defensive captain a month AFTER he was cut from the team?

This is news to me. Fantasy football existed 20 years ago?
Quote:This is news to me. Fantasy football existed 20 years ago?
It's been around for quite awhile. I started playing in a bar league when I was 14 and living with my dad in Milwaukee. The first books I read to learn how to play had Dan Fouts and Chuck Muncie as example players. Here's a link to the history of FF.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American'>http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American</a>)

The internet just made it way easier and helped make it what it is now.
Quote:It's been around for quite awhile. I started playing in a bar league when I was 14 and living with my dad in Milwaukee. The first books I read to learn how to play had Dan Fouts and Chuck Muncie as example players. Here's a link to the history of FF.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American'>http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_(American</a>)

The internet just made it way easier and helped make it what it is now.

Learn something new everyday. Thanks for the wisdom EotS.
So is it safe to say the reason Colts fans don't hate the Jaguars is they usually won? If the only reason Jaguars fans hate the Colts is all the times they beat us and won the division, hatred is unilateral. It is not like the 49ers/Seahawks rivalriy which goes both ways and has nothing to do with the series record since 2002. I think Colts fans lack a true motive to pour hate on the Jaguars. All we did to them was put Josh Scobee on the field for a game-winning 50+ yard field goal attempt several times - most recently because Jim Caldwell called a stupid timeout during the drive - and run 375 yards during their Super Bowl season.

What have the Colts done to the Jaguars? One thing: beat them many times, including the years we were playoff contenders. One time it put them in the driver's seat to win the division, but they did not clinch it so we still had a chance after losing at Indianapolis. Most of the time it had little or no effect on the playoff race because of when we played them and their record. So I think Jaguars fans hate them way too much and should learn a lesson about respect for other teams from members of the Colts message board. Don't worry; I am not saying you should root for the Colts. I am just saying we should not hate them like they're evil.

Quote:So is it safe to say the reason Colts fans don't hate the Jaguars is they usually won? If the only reason Jaguars fans hate the Colts is all the times they beat us and won the division, hatred is unilateral. It is not like the 49ers/Seahawks rivalriy which goes both ways and has nothing to do with the series record since 2002. I think Colts fans lack a true motive to pour hate on the Jaguars. All we did to them was put Josh Scobee on the field for a game-winning 50+ yard field goal attempt several times - most recently because Jim Caldwell called a stupid timeout during the drive - and run 375 yards during their Super Bowl season.

What have the Colts done to the Jaguars? One thing: beat them many times, including the years we were playoff contenders. One time it put them in the driver's seat to win the division, but they did not clinch it so we still had a chance after losing at Indianapolis. Most of the time it had little or no effect on the playoff race because of when we played them and their record. So I think Jaguars fans hate them way too much and should learn a lesson about respect for other teams from members of the Colts message board. Don't worry; I am not saying you should root for the Colts. I am just saying we should not hate them like they're evil.

A true die hard fan would always want their team to win and all other teams to lose. Especially in their division. Division rivals will always get the most hate, its been that way for a very long time. Look at the rivalry in the NFC East. They don't like each other. Let's go out to baseball rivalries. The biggest baseball rivalry is between the Yankees and the Red Sox. They sell toilet paper with their rival team on it. Are you going to tell me they care for one another?
I despise the colts more than any team in the NFL. The fact they had one of the best qbs in history and then suck for one year and just happen to pick up a once in a generation prospect. You just don't get that luck anywhere (no pun intended).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5