Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I hate to say it, but the AFC South forum has become boring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Remember the good ol' days when us Jags fans would talk trash with Texans, Colts, and Tacks fan? As well as vice-versa? Well, those days are sadly gone after the last few years of mediocre play by all AFCS teams. This forum is simply no more fun...

Yeah, people like me would get a lot of warnings for doing it, but it really added an extra "spice" to these rivalry games that has been sorely missing these last few seasons. Take a look at any of the NFC West teams and look at their forums. For instance, you have Cards fans calling the Seahawks: "Sea-Chickens", and a lot of Rams fans calling the Niners the "Whiners" and vice-versa.

A lot of the insults on this forum aren't really that good or original TBH. But, I can understand at the same time that people have to stay within the CoC. 

I remember in the old days (about 2005-2010), the rivalries and the hatred between our fanbases used to be rife. The Colts were the top dogs of the AFCS with the young record setting QB that everyone wanted to take down, and you had us Jags that were physically tough and competitive in every game, and were always so close to taking the division, but the other teams would always find a way to spoil it for us. The Titans were basically the big bad villains of the entire division that everyone loved to hate. And the Texans were like the little brother that wanted to play with the big kids, but would always be pushed aside.

I know that a game next week between a 6-4 Colts team and a 1-9 Jags team isn't going to really get most fans "pumped", but records and scoring aside, let's all work together to make this AFC South forum the best divisional forum in the NFL online community.

It's a bye week for the Jags.

We are on a much needed break because losing 9 out of 10 games takes a lot out of you.

Well, it's hard to trash talk when your team just isn't competitive.  But that's not the reason the AFC South forum is going... south.

No Sammy.  Not enough 'chop or Trindon Holliday (Ne Carr Bombed). 

The best posters are gone or disinterested.  It's just not particularly fun when the team from the most boring city in the US is sitting atop the division.

Hopefully the division will become interesting enough to warrant more banter in the coming years, but this season is shaping up to be a bit of a stinker for most of us.  :confused:

TARPS !!!
Quote:Well, it's hard to trash talk when your team just isn't competitive.  But that's not the reason the AFC South forum is going... south.

No Sammy.  Not enough 'chop or Trindon Holliday (Ne Carr Bombed). 

The best posters are gone or disinterested.  It's just not particularly fun when the team from the most boring city in the US is sitting atop the division.

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.  Smile
375!!!
Quote:TARPS !!!
HAHA! 

go patriots

What?! I can't hear you over that piped-in crowd noise. Big Grin
Looks like the good old Indy run D today!
Stick around, man.
Quote:Well, it's hard to trash talk when your team just isn't competitive. But that's not the reason the AFC South forum is going... south.

No Sammy. Not enough 'chop or Trindon Holliday (Ne Carr Bombed).

The best posters are gone or disinterested. It's just not particularly fun when the team from the most boring city in the US is sitting atop the division.

I invite you to the city in May! If you are bored then you have no idea what fun is. We will start with a 2hr trek south the one of greatest days of the year to the annual running of the Kentucky Derby. It's all uphill from there. By then end of the month you will need a two month rest!
Quote:I invite you to the city in May! If you are bored then you have no idea what fun is. We will start with a 2hr trek south the one of greatest days of the year to the annual running of the Kentucky Derby. It's all uphill from there. By then end of the month you will need a two month rest!
I fell asleep halfway thru your post
Quote:I fell asleep halfway thru your post

Wake up
Quote:I invite you to the city in May! If you are bored then you have no idea what fun is. We will start with a 2hr trek south the one of greatest days of the year to the annual running of the Kentucky Derby. It's all uphill from there. By then end of the month you will need a two month rest!

He's kinda right though. I've been to Indy twice and had a blast both times...I wouldn't want to live there, but it's a nice place to visit imo. I know y'all were looking for smack talk, but that's all I got because we suck right now...lol.
1st round pick for Trent Richardson.

That is all...

So you have to trek 2 hours to find something to do? I could be at the great barrier reef by then...
I still lurk, but what is there to get excited about? Not only that, but when I do write something informative, you Tealbillies in Southern Georgia with your 4th grade educations and family trees that look like a 2x4 don't have the comprehension to understand it. :woot:

Quote:I still lurk, but what is there to get excited about? Not only that, but when I do write something informative, you Tealbillies in Southern Georgia with your 4th grade educations and family trees that look like a 2x4 don't have the comprehension to understand it. :woot:

You best git to honin' on yer dummin' down skills there son. 

:teehee:
Quote:I invite you to the city in May! If you are bored then you have no idea what fun is. 

That honestly used to be true when it really was the full month at the track back in the CART days.  Sadly the IRL has really taken a lot of the fun out of the month (and the sport of IndyCar racing).  

Still, there is nothing like race day in Indy for the 500!  Been to all but 2 since 91.   When the green drops and all 33 cars head into turn 1 at 200+ MPH.... If that doesn't excite you... you have no pulse.
Pages: 1 2