Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: USMNT Blows Another Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Second half collapsed happen all to often lately. 2-1 Colombia in London earlier today. Ireland in next couple days.
Read a really interesting article before the World Cup this summer and it said that MLS and the Premier Leagues around the world play immensely different forms of soccer.  It said that the MLS game is based on physical fitness and ball control as opposed to pure talent levels.  It highlighted that no one in the World Cup would argue that the US team isn't the most gifted in terms of stamina and effort, but they fall short in the sense that they NEED that stamina because their skill level isn't at par with the rest of the teams.

I noticed this a lot during the World Cup, the US was running all over the place, and the top teams would simply jog, place a perfectly timed pass across the field with little need to run.  I think this is what Klinsman is referring to when he says MLS is not the developmental league for the national team MLS likes to pretend it is.  A lot of his players are foreign nationals.  The are American, but live / play elsewhere is the world.  

Definitely the case. It will take time, but the MLS will be a viable option. It's already light years ahead of where it was when it started. I have a hard time saying players should play here or there. Do what they feel is right for them and their family.