Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ringling Brothers Least Show On Earth Closing their Tent Permanently
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, Jaguars fans. Ringing Brothers traveling circus shows will stop after more than 100 years because of low ticket sales and animal rights activists. RIP. Fun while it lasts to young and old.
I want to make a joke about that being the predictable end result of letting a bunch of clowns run your business, but that would paint a pretty dark picture for the future of the Jaguars.

Quote:I want to make a joke about that being the predictable end result of letting a bunch of clowns run your business, but that would paint a pretty dark picture for the future of the Jaguars.
Is it bad that I LOL at this? 
Without elephants, it became the least show.

My parents never had the money to take me and my sister as kids. The one and only time I ever went was about 10 years ago when my wife and I took our niece. Now that I have a daughter I was looking forward to the day when I would be able to take her and sadly now that won't happen.
Last shows in Jax are this week.

Unfortunately, such entertainment has been supplanted by youtube, etc.

Short attention span theater, all without leaving the house.  And it only costs you an internet connection.

Mom, this is boring... can we go home so I can go on the computer?

I hope the animals are put first when it is disassembled. I don't know what the intent is for the future of the performing animals, but I hope each and every one of them lives out the remainder of their days in peace happiness, and freedom.

I'm sure many of the animals will find there way to zoos across the country and live their days happily, who knows maybe one or two will even end up in Jax.

There are quite a few performers that have worked for them as well.  It's too bad that it will end.  It was a weekly stop in Jax and we have gone the past few years with our son.  I will say the ticket prices are a bit high to go see the zoo, that's ultimately what did them in.

Quote:I'm sure many of the animals will find there way to zoos across the country and live their days happily, who knows maybe one or two will even end up in Jax.

There are quite a few performers that have worked for them as well.  It's too bad that it will end.  It was a weekly stop in Jax and we have gone the past few years with our son.  I will say the ticket prices are a bit high to go see the zoo, that's ultimately what did them in.

Actually what "did them in" was animal "activists" pressuring them much like they do to places like Sea World.  The real problem is that these "activists" have no problem teaching a dog to fetch or a cat to [BLEEP] in a toilet, but they think that it's "harmful" to teach elephants or whales to do tricks.
Quote:Actually what "did them in" was animal "activists" pressuring them much like they do to places like Sea World.  The real problem is that these "activists" have no problem teaching a dog to fetch or a cat to [BAD WORD REMOVED] in a toilet, but they think that it's "harmful" to teach elephants or whales to do tricks.

Yeah -- ummm  --  if you are stupid enough to believe that a long-domesticated species of dog bouncing between your back yard and your home is the same as an orca snatched from the wild and forced to live in a jumbo swimming pool  --  well -- you need some remedial biology help.

Those animals live between 50-80 years in the wild, much like us.

25 years is unfortunately a normal life-span for them in captivity.

They can easily cover 2000 miles in a year of migration, feeding, and mating in the open ocean.

Yet - you think sticking them in a swimming pool to do tricks for you is not "harmful?"  You are kidding yourself. 

Next time you look at your 8-60 pound pet and think it's got it good between your house and yard -  think about a 12,000 pound whale living in a concrete pool jumping through hoops just to get fed.  How big should it's house/yard be? 

Screw Sea-World and any moron who isn't compassionate enough to see the cruelty they inflict. 
That movie Blackfish opened a ton of eyes with regards to the plights of Sea World animals.

Same with circus's+ zoos to be honest. An animal as majestic as an elephant shouldn't be kept in a trailer and driven from place to place.
How am I supposed to get my fix of cunning stunts now?
Quote:How am I supposed to get my fix of cunning stunts now?

Cirque du Soleil
Just got back. Camels, tigers, horses and dogs were all the animals they had. Minor laughs, nice acrobatics, not much else.

Quote:Yeah -- ummm -- if you are stupid enough to believe that a long-domesticated species of dog bouncing between your back yard and your home is the same as an orca snatched from the wild and forced to live in a jumbo swimming pool -- well -- you need some remedial biology help.

They can easily cover 2000 miles in a year of migration, feeding, and mating in the open ocean.

Yet - you think sticking them in a swimming pool to do tricks for you is not "harmful?" You are kidding yourself.

Next time you look at your 8-60 pound pet and think it's got it good between your house and yard - think about a 12,000 pound whale living in a concrete pool jumping through hoops just to get fed. How big should it's house/yard be?

Screw Sea-World and any moron who isn't compassionate enough to see the cruelty they inflict.

"mating in the open ocean" That sounds emancipating.

"Come along, honey."

"Where are we going?"

"On a long boat ride."
Quote:How am I supposed to get my fix of cunning stunts now?
Mons Venus

Oh wait, I must be dyslexic. :woot:
Quote:Yeah -- ummm  --  if you are stupid enough to believe that a long-domesticated species of dog bouncing between your back yard and your home is the same as an orca snatched from the wild and forced to live in a jumbo swimming pool  --  well -- you need some remedial biology help.

Yet - you think sticking them in a swimming pool to do tricks for you is not "harmful?"  You are kidding yourself. 

Next time you look at your 8-60 pound pet and think it's got it good between your house and yard -  think about a 12,000 pound whale living in a concrete pool jumping through hoops just to get fed.  How big should it's house/yard be? 

Well, I won't call you stupid, but what makes a zoo any better?  For that matter, are animals that are considered "pets" not "snatched from their natural habitat or environment"?  What about working animals such as horses?

Just my opinion but animal "activists" are pretty much hypocrites.
Quote:Well, I won't call you stupid, but what makes a zoo any better?  For that matter, are animals that are considered "pets" not "snatched from their natural habitat or environment"?  What about working animals such as horses?

Just my opinion but animal "activists" are pretty much hypocrites.

A zoo really isn't better, except maybe for those attempting to duplicate a free range environment.

Do you know the difference between domesticated and wild animals?

Just my opinion, but you appear to be clueless when lumping all animal rights activists together. You cannot possibly know what each individual does in their personal life.
Quote:A zoo really isn't better, except maybe for those attempting to duplicate a free range environment.

Do you know the difference between domesticated and wild animals?

Just my opinion, but you appear to be clueless when lumping all animal rights activists together. You cannot possibly know what each individual does in their personal life.

So do zoos need to go away?  Is putting a mammal in an environment that attempts to duplicate it's natural environment wrong?

Were domesticated animals always domesticated, or were they once wild?

Perhaps I should have said "most" animal rights "activists" in my previous comment.  Does that make you feel better?

The thing is, why is it acceptable to hold one animal in captivity (a domestic pet) and not another?  Why is it acceptable to make an animal do tricks for treats (such as a dog) but it's not acceptable to do the same with another animal?
Pages: 1 2