Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game Opinions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I was at the game today, as I've been at every single NFL game that has been played at Wembley. I only got into the NFL in 04 so I don't have the vast knowledge that you guys do.

Saying that, today was so disappointing. Yet again the offensive playcalling was predictable and boring. Me and my friend who is also a Jags fan were playing "predict the next play" and I was right about 70% percent of the time. It's all so predictable.

Not sure what was going on on defence today. Where was the pressure on a half fit Romo. And as there was no pressure, where on earth was the coverage?!

I thought Bortles played better than he has done in recent weeks. Today the OLine without Linder really struggled. I also noticed that none of the receivers seem to get open. Probably not helped by the play design. We don't seem to run many curl or post routes. And none of the receivers seem to improvise based on what's happening.

Special teams were awful, and the tackling a was again abysmal. How do we miss so many tackles?? Every week is the same.

I didn't actually think Dallas played well, which was more annoying. We kept giving them points and field position. This year is obviously another write off. We really need to spend some money in FA
Take away 2 big plays by Dez Bryant with better coverage and we have ourselves a game. But we are young, like Caldwell said next year it shouldn't be like this. Bortles played better, he was inaccurate today but found Cecil 4 times and continued to sling the ball wherever. I wish he would just stop staring down receivers. 

Quote:Hey guys. I was at the game today, as I've been at every single NFL game that has been played at Wembley. I only got into the NFL in 04 so I don't have the vast knowledge that you guys do.

Saying that, today was so disappointing. Yet again the offensive playcalling was predictable and boring. Me and my friend who is also a Jags fan were playing "predict the next play" and I was right about 70% percent of the time. It's all so predictable.

Not sure what was going on on defence today. Where was the pressure on a half fit Romo. And as there was no pressure, where on earth was the coverage?!

I thought Bortles played better than he has done in recent weeks. Today the OLine without Linder really struggled. I also noticed that none of the receivers seem to get open. Probably not helped by the play design. We don't seem to run many curl or post routes. And none of the receivers seem to improvise based on what's happening.

Special teams were awful, and the tackling a was again abysmal. How do we miss so many tackles?? Every week is the same.

I didn't actually think Dallas played well, which was more annoying. We kept giving them points and field position. This year is obviously another write off. We really need to spend some money in FA

As for offensive play calling...I don't ever see us use crossing routes, especially from one side of the field to the other.  Fisch uses straight forward routes thus the offense has got to be one of the easiest to defend in the NFL.
I feel like Babich and the defensive staff dropped the ball on this one.

I would've liked to see more pressures, even if they're fabricated by blitzing.

If you're rushing 4, and you're not getting home - that's one thing - but then we better have excellent safety help up top which is eliminating the big plays.  We didn't.