Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: what is this offense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really don't understand Jedd Fisch's offense. Its as if he doesn't have a concrete offensive scheme.  Its completely different every week and very reserved. 

One week its, lets run the EXACT same screen every play

One week its, lets not throw the ball down the field at all and wait till the 4th quarter to take shots down field 

this week its, lets run the same DRob play where he runs out of the pistol formation for 1- 2 yards on the play

In the second half they probably told Bortles to run more and that was their BIG adjustment 

Its like Jedd comes into every game saying "ok their defense is weak on this play, so I am going to run that exact same play every offensive possession we have." Its like DUDE, defenses adjust to your game plan, stop running the same PLAY expecting it to work.  

Im still on the Gus koolaid. And no matter how much you b***h and moan, he is not going to be fired after this year or probably even the next. However, someone has to be accountable for how bad this offense plays week in and week out. 

Im on the FIRE Fisch bandwagon. There is no reason an offense with THIS much talent should be laying eggs every Sunday. 

Quote:I really don't understand Jedd Fisch's offense. Its as if he doesn't have a concrete offensive scheme.  Its completely different every week and very reserved. 

One week its, lets run the EXACT same screen every play

One week its, lets not throw the ball down the field at all and wait till the 4th quarter to take shots down field 

this week its, lets run the same DRob play where he runs out of the pistol formation for 1- 2 yards on the play

In the second half they probably told Bortles to run more and that was their BIG adjustment 

Its like Jedd comes into every game saying "ok their defense is weak on this play, so I am going to run that exact same play every offensive possession we have." Its like DUDE, defenses adjust to your game plan, stop running the same PLAY expecting it to work.  

Im still on the Gus koolaid. And no matter how much you b***h and moan, he is not going to be fired after this year or probably even the next. However, someone has to be accountable for how bad this offense plays week in and week out. 

Im on the FIRE Fisch bandwagon. There is no reason an offense with THIS much talent should be laying eggs every Sunday. 
What talent?  A line that can't provide protection, receivers that can't get free, and for the most part backs that have few holes to hit.
Welcome aboard, I've been on the fire Fisch bandwagon since the 4th week of last season, hopefully he'll be gone so we can truly judge the offense.  
I've given up trying to figure out what Fish is...  Or what our scheme is.  Or what our offensive philosophy is...

At this point, it's impossible to tell.  I almost feel like the offensive coaching staff are more inexperienced in terms of play calling and offensive scheming than our rookie QB, WRs and O-Linemen are at executing the plays.

You watch other teams, and they make football look so easy.  Then you watch the jaguars offense, and it's like the game is quantum experimental calculus.

Quote:What talent?  A line that can't provide protection, receivers that can't get free, and for the most part backs that have few holes to hit.

I don't know, man.  It seems like we have talent...  It seems like we may not have figured out how to best utilize that talent...
im not going to pretend its all fisch's fault. but he isnt helping. i would love for him to get canned because i cannot take another year of his offense.

Quote:I don't know, man.  It seems like we have talent...  It seems like we may not have figured out how to best utilize that talent...

agree
He does not game plan against the team we are playing. Its like he has 5000 plays and he is just calling them in order too see what works and if it does he never goes back to it. Dallas was a very aggressive defense we should have called draws and screens to slow it down even some wr screens im not sure i saw but one wr screen.

It's one read then Bortles to improvise
O-line was really, really bad in London.  That's the only difference since the last 7 threads that were started about this.   

They missed Linder, but Joeckel, Pasztor and Bowanko all had their whiffs today too.  Bortles made a few bad decisions, but not quite as many as some other games this year. 

Other than that  - it's an offense that starts 5 rookies. 

Quote:It's one read then Bortles to improvise

Yeah, but where's the play action?

We only rolled out/naked bootlegged 1 time in the first half.  Clay Harbour had what, 1 target?  There's never an outlet WR or ever a hot read WR when blitz is recognized.

It's alot of stuff.  Some of it falls on the players, and the O-Line.  No doubt.  The o-line was pretty bad today, especially at tackle, but there are other issues that go beyond just blaming the O-Line for a few missed assignments.
Quote:O-line was really, really bad in London.  That's the only difference since the last 7 threads that were started about this.   

They missed Linder, but Joeckel, Pasztor and Bowanko all had their whiffs today too.  Bortles made a few bad decisions, but not quite as many as some other games this year. 

This.
What is this offense you ask?

It's a very bad one, I answer.

It's way to predictable at times, especially for a 1-8, now 1-9 team that's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Jeez, show some imagination sometimes, what do you have to lose? The game?

Quote:O-line was really, really bad in London.  That's the only difference since the last 7 threads that were started about this.   

And sure its a young offense. I'm not disputing that. 

But, there is no consistency within this offense. And I'm not even talking about production. I'm just talking about play calling. Every week its as if we have a radically different offensive scheme. Even DURING the game its radically different. 

And sure a coordinator has to adjust to what the defense is showing him, but it seems like the adjustment is such a polarity on what we would typically do. 
Quote:And sure its a young offense. I'm not disputing that. 

But, there is no consistency within this offense. And I'm not even talking about production. I'm just talking about play calling. Every week its as if we have a radically different offensive scheme. Even DURING the game its radically different. 

And sure a coordinator has to adjust to what the defense is showing him, but it seems like the adjustment is such a polarity on what we would typically do. 

As much as the answer won't appease anyone, some of that is just the coaches trying to find strengths among their young roster.  They haven't figured all of that stuff out yet. 

I also don't see quite as much variation as you describe.  I saw lots of familiar things from them today, only many of them were doomed from the snap and initial penetration by the defense. 
Quote:As much as the answer won't appease anyone, some of that is just the coaches trying to find strengths among their young roster.  They haven't figured all of that stuff out yet. 

I also don't see quite as much variation as you describe.  I saw lots of familiar things from them today, only many of them were doomed from the snap and initial penetration by the defense. 

I hear ya, NYC.  I'm about to hit the hay....

But what you described is something you would think they'd have figured out by now...  Well...  

It's the bye week.  Maybe the coaches regroup, and have an epiphany with the time off to think.

Here's hoping...

Hang in there everyone!!!  

Go Jags
Quote:I hear ya, NYC.  I'm about to hit the hay....

But what you described is something you would think they'd have figured out by now...  Well...  

I certainly thought they'd be a least further along with it myself.  Gonna be a looooong bye-week.  :confused:

Hang tough Jags fans.