Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What Mississippi Just Added To Their State Constitution Has Liberals FURIOUS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What Mississippi Just Added To Their State Constitution Has Liberals FURIOUS

<div>
Tuesday night’s midterm elections have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the majority of Americans are rejecting progressive ideals.

<div style="margin:8px 0px 8px 8px;">
<div> 
</div>
Not only did Republicans completely destroy Democrats to take control of both the Senate and the House, but they also reigned supreme in smaller elections and on issues in individual states as well.

Read more at http://www.youngcons.com/what-mississipp...S0iJ8TG.99</div>
</div>

Can someone explain this to me? I don't see in the article what the big deal is. People can hunt/fish without a license now? What was the purpose of the licenses to begin with? To show you can be safe? I really don't know. 

It's protection of YOUR 2nd Amendment RIghts

Good for Mississippi. Now they can get to work on fixing the highest poverty rate in the country. Over 20% of their residents live below the poverty line. They also are regularly ranked as having the worst education system in the country. Oh, yeah. They are also the most obese state in the country.

Mississippi: Poor, fat and uneducated. Now with free hunting and fishing.

Where are the furious liberals... exactly?

Also curious as to when 'progressive' became a bad word, and why.  What makes progress bad?

That article is all over the place. I've had a few conversations with the guys that run that site and know one of the young ladies that rights for them from time to Tim e personally. They're young and ambitious but tend to try and connect dots that are unrelated from time to time.

Making hunting a state constitutional right has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment or bolstering it. I have yet to meet a liberal upset about hunting either they often use hunting as the only valid reason for firearms. There's no push against hunting there's a push against militias and private ownership of military weapons, that has nothing to do with this new amendment.
Quote:It's protection of YOUR 2nd Amendment RIghts
That doesn't answer my question at all. 
Quote:That article is all over the place. I've had a few conversations with the guys that run that site and know one of the young ladies that rights for them from time to Tim e personally. They're young and ambitious but tend to try and connect dots that are unrelated from time to time.

Making hunting a state constitutional right has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment or bolstering it. I have yet to meet a liberal upset about hunting either they often use hunting as the only valid reason for firearms. There's no push against hunting there's a push against militias and private ownership of military weapons, that has nothing to do with this new amendment.
That's my question. What's the purpose of the license?

I don't see how this anything to do 2nd Amendment rights nor why liberals would be FURIOUS. 
Quote:That's my question. What's the purpose of the license?

I don't see how this anything to do 2nd Amendment rights nor why liberals would be FURIOUS.

A hunting license is used to fund management land ( public hunting grounds) and regulate how much game is harvested in a season. Also requires hunters to take a safety course that goes over the states laws about different game. Florida is pretty easy I did it in an afternoon got to shoot a target 50 yards away with a .22 and now I'm allowed to purchase different license for different seasons.

For example after taking the Florida hunting safety course I can now purchase a deer license for a specific season which also limits the size of game the amount of game and what I can use to kill the game.

Basically it has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment
Quote:A hunting license is used to fund management land ( public hunting grounds) and regulate how much game is harvested in a season. Also requires hunters to take a safety course that goes over the states laws about different game. Florida is pretty easy I did it in an afternoon got to shoot a target 50 yards away with a .22 and now I'm allowed to purchase different license for different seasons.

For example after taking the Florida hunting safety course I can now purchase a deer license for a specific season which also limits the size of game the amount of game and what I can use to kill the game.

Basically it has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment
This seems reasonable to me, at least from the safety perspective. I would be interest in what avid hunters think in regards to conservation of the game to hunt. 
Quote:Good for Mississippi. Now they can get to work on fixing the highest poverty rate in the country. Over 20% of their residents live below the poverty line. They also are regularly ranked as having the worst education system in the country. Oh, yeah. They are also the most obese state in the country.

Mississippi: Poor, fat and uneducated. Now with free hunting and fishing.
Mississippi: So much more than the #1 state for STD's.
Drifter - you're really reaching for this one.

Your conclusions re Tuesday's results are a little melodramatic as well.

Quote:Mississippi: So much more than the #1 state for STD's.

The PR campaign writes itself
Who in God's name thinks Liberals don't hunt or support 2nd amendment rights? Ridiculous!

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:This seems reasonable to me, at least from the safety perspective. I would be interest in what avid hunters think in regards to conservation of the game to hunt. 

Avid hunters and fisherman fully support conservation.  Money spent on hunting and fishing licenses goes towards wildlife conservation.  It's not uncommon for outdoor sportsman to purchase license and permits beyond what they'll need simply to help fund wildlife conservation.  

http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/faqs/

What are my fees used for?
<p style="color:rgb(5,25,48);font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(234,227,211);">Except for the fees charged by the tax collector ($1.00) or agent ($0.50), and processing surcharges listed above, all of the money spent on fishing and licenses goes to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to provide optimum sustained use of Florida's fish and wildlife resources. In addition, each license holder that buys a license, helps the FWC to recover excise taxes from the Federal government, which you spend on items such as fishing tackle, boats, and for motor boat fuel taxes, through the Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration program
Quote:Avid hunters and fisherman fully support conservation.  Money spent on hunting and fishing licenses goes towards wildlife conservation.  It's not uncommon for outdoor sportsman to purchase license and permits beyond what they'll need simply to help fund wildlife conservation.  

http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/faqs/

What are my fees used for?
<p style="color:rgb(5,25,48);font-family:Verdana;font-size:14px;background-color:rgb(234,227,211);">Except for the fees charged by the tax collector ($1.00) or agent ($0.50), and processing surcharges listed above, all of the money spent on fishing and licenses goes to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) to provide optimum sustained use of Florida's fish and wildlife resources. In addition, each license holder that buys a license, helps the FWC to recover excise taxes from the Federal government, which you spend on items such as fishing tackle, boats, and for motor boat fuel taxes, through the Federal Aid in Sportfish Restoration program
Nice! This sheds a lot of light things for me. Thanks for sharing. 
If ever a topic called for a "move along, nothing to see here", this is it.

I own an offshore fishing boat which I take friends out on but they don't go unless they have a license. The money goes to support the sport. Same thing when I lived in the Midwest. If you want  to ride the bus buy a  ticket.

Regards.........................the Chiefjag