Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gerhart to get more carries?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Per rotoworld:

Quote:Jaguars to increase Toby Gerhart's workload?

Toby Gerhart | JAC

(November 7, 2014 11:56 AM EST)

ESPN Jaguars reporter Mike DiRocco suggests Toby Gerhart may be ready to share more of the workload in the backfield moving forward.

Gerhart is coming off his best game of the season when he piled up 68 total yards on five touches against the Bengals. And DiRocco says "word out of London" is that Gerhart appears to be back healthy and "running angry." Denard Robinson has handled 60 touches the past three games, so it's conceivable the Jaguars may want to press the brakes a bit on Shoelace's workload. Robinson remains the clear-cut No. 1 back, but Gerhart could siphon 6-8 touches.

SOURCE: 

ESPN.COM
 They paid him they mind as well use him... though I would think that Shoelace deserves more reps...

Would make sense. His play in the Bengals game warrants an increased workload and you kind of need two running backs in the NFL these days.

I like the "running angry" part. We need that.
He is being paid as the featured back so it makes sence, but it with Drobs emergence i can see us moving from a single feature back to two featured backs similar to pitt. I can see them splitting the running plays with Storm coming in to rest them a bit.

He had 5 productive touches which for me is a bonus coming from him. Maybe double that to 10 between screens and runs inside. Would like to keep DRob as fresh as possible and limit him from having too many carries in what's basically a throw away season.
Quote:Per rotoworld:

this is good for the team and for denard. keeps his legs healthy and having the contrasting running styles is clearly beneficial for different situations. as long as fisch utilizes these dudes correctly, we should have a nasty 1-2 punch.
Why not a pro set or iform with toby blocking for D-Rob on a lot of plays and then occasionly getting the ball himself?

If he can keep up what he did last week Im fine with it. I dont want DRob to get worked over either so split time works if they are working well together.

Ehhh.  That's just DiRocco.  He writes all sorts of ridiculous stuff in that blog.  He belly-ached for weeks and weeks about how they should have severed ties with J Blackmon.

Gerhart had 6 touches vs Cincy.  I'd be very surprised if that number exceeded 10 in this game and (barring injury) I think the overall ratio between he and Denard will change very little.  I don't want to see Denard get less than 15 touches, personally. He's got a good thing going. 

Good, i dont want d rob to die before 2015 lol

Just don't send on the dumb sweeps to the outside.

Quote:Ehhh.  That's just DiRocco.  He writes all sorts of ridiculous stuff in that blog.  He belly-ached for weeks and weeks about how they should have severed ties with J Blackmon.

Gerhart had 6 touches vs Cincy.  I'd be very surprised if that number exceeded 10 in this game and (barring injury) I think the overall ratio between he and Denard will change very little.  I don't want to see Denard get less than 15 touches, personally. He's got a good thing going. 

1.5-2 to 1 sounds pretty good to me.
Keep feeding drob.
Run denard more, as he gives us more of a chance for explosive plays. Toby did look good against Cincy, but I want to see him be consistent.
The Cincy game was an anomaly. Before that game, I read the Bengals are 29th in run defense, so I knew it was going to be the best game of the year for Toby Gerhart. However, I also believed Toby was slowed down by his foot/ankle injury all season and combined with the offensive line not helping him, he is just having a bad year. Hopefully next season Gerhart can stay healthy and get more big holes to run through. But as long as Denard Robinson is playing great, I don't want the coaches to limit him just to put Gerhart on the field.

run toby more. run denard more. run more. play action more.

Quote:run toby more. run denard more. run more. play action more.
Agree! Run the ball and take pressure off of Blake.
Heavy dose of:

[Image: cd63e1ba4a6141088392f70284addd33.jpg]

Toby getting more carries? Why waste a down.

Pages: 1 2