Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2015 Receivers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright... so we're facing a conundrum right now with our WR corp. 

We've got: 

Shorts, Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Sanders, Brown as of right now. 

We also know we're going to more than likely be drafting in the top 5 again. 

If we add Amari Cooper, and add him to the list we already have, and have Blackmon come back next year as it's looking very much so like is the case, who do you want your WR corp to be starting next year? 

Mike Brown is out for sure, Cecil Shorts should be out. 

Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Sanders, Cooper, Blackmon...? If that doesn't turn out to be the deepest WR corp in the league, then I'll do something absolutely crazy... what do you say? 

I don't trust Blackmon. Shorts should not be extended. Hurns has been impressive, although I would rather run Amari/Arob as our wideouts and Lee in the slot with Hurns/Ace as depth/ST. I'd like to see us sign Charles Clay, but I'm sure the 'fins will extend him.
No need to use 1st rounder on WR, i bet they go de and get shawn oakman, his play style and attitude fits the jaguars very well. his story is very inspiring he is 6'9 290 pounds JJ watt is 6'5 and 288 pounds. He is huge. But anyway is Blackmon comes back we will be alright. Blackmon, Robinson, Lee in slot and Hurns is depth and maybe a Julius Thomas TE and thats something to fear.

I'm hopeful:

1. Allen Robinson/Blackmon

2. Allen Hurns/Blackmon

Slot. Lee/Sanders

Blackmon imo shouldn't be given #1 wr duties, until he can go a year without getting suspended. Let him spell our other guys.

Quote:I don't trust Blackmon. Shorts should not be extended. Hurns has been impressive, although I would rather run Amari/Arob as our wideouts and Lee in the slot with Hurns/Ace as depth/ST. I'd like to see us sign Charles Clay, but I'm sure the 'fins will extend him.

I wouldn't trust Blackmon at first either, but his talent is undeniable. If he has a clear head, it should show from day one. 

Quote:No need to use 1st rounder on WR, i bet they go de and get shawn oakman, his play style and attitude fits the jaguars very well. his story is very inspiring he is 6'9 290 pounds JJ watt is 6'5 and 288 pounds. He is huge. But anyway is Blackmon comes back we will be alright. Blackmon, Robinson, Lee in slot and Hurns is depth and maybe a Julius Thomas TE and thats something to fear.

Are you saying THE Julius Thomas? Because we all know the Broncos may not be able to keep both of the Thomas bros... and Julius Thomas would certainly be welcomed here. 

Quote:I'm hopeful:

2. Allen Hurns/Blackmon

Slot. Lee/Sanders

Blackmon imo shouldn't be given #1 wr duties, until he can go a year without getting suspended. Let him spell our other guys.

If Blackmon shows up with a clear head and on point, he will easily be given #1 duties from day 1. He is head and shoulders above every WR we have if he's on and not suffering from demons. 

Whether or not he's clearly given the #1, he'll show #1 potential on the field by getting open and demanding the ball. 

I'd really be afraid of this team next year if Blackmon does in fact come back. I know he's had trouble, but after this amount of time away from the field, I can't imagine he would seriously come back and half [BLEEP] it again. If he comes back, he's coming back to show the true JB. For good. 
JB has a lot to prove to everyone. I'm use excited Caldwell kept him... Probably will turn out to define his tenure. Draft BORTLES and now you get a top WR who's basically a veteran... And it will open up so many things for everyone

And imagine being able to sign Julius... Wow
Quote:JB has a lot to prove to everyone. I'm use excited Caldwell kept him... Probably will turn out to define his tenure. Draft BORTLES and now you get a top WR who's basically a veteran... And it will open up so many things for everyone

And imagine being able to sign Julius... Wow

Yeah, pipe dream at the most but if it ends up happening. We'd have absolutely no excuse to be a completely explosive offense. 

Cooper, Blackmon, Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Thomas.. Bortles QB Robinson RB... How in the world is this not the best young offense in the NFL? 
Quote: 

If we add Amari Cooper

In what universe would the Jacksonville Jaguars draft a receiver in the first round of the 2015 draft??  

Not gonna happen. 
Quote:In what universe would the Jacksonville Jaguars draft a receiver in the first round of the 2015 draft??

Not gonna happen.

I don't understand why this keeps getting brought up.

My opinion sign Cecil to a 2yr contract he's a good squad player and whilst we wait for marqise lee to emerge he will fill the void, he won't be expensive and we have am abundance of cap, that way we don't have to rely blackmon
Quote:I don't understand why this keeps getting brought up.

My opinion sign Cecil to a 2yr contract he's a good squad player and whilst we wait for marqise lee to emerge he will fill the void, he won't be expensive and we have am abundance of cap, that way we don't have to rely blackmon

That's certainly a possibility.  I just think A-Rob/Hurns/Lee are a a nice corps and if they want to try to keep CSIII for a reasonable figure - fine. If not - fine.

If JB comes back - great. If not - there's still absolutely no reason to spend an early pick on a position group already stocked with young talent.  

It would be foolish to take a receiver before the fourth round unless they stockpile picks in a trade back.  

I'd wager large sums of real money they won't take a receiver in the first round. 
Easy 

Amari Cooper 

Justin Blackmon 

Allen Robinson 

Allen Hurns

Marquise Lee

Ace Sanders 

:thanks:

but really...

Allen Robinson X 

Allen Hurns Z 

Marqise Lee, Ace Sanders Y

Something tells me we are going to resign Shorts. But for a good deal. He really has no leverage, but he is pretty solid, and I dig his leadership. He talks with an ego though in interviews which I don't like.  

Quote:In what universe would the Jacksonville Jaguars draft a receiver in the first round of the 2015 draft??  

Not gonna happen. 

Are you serious? LOL 

I can't keep trying to type past this sentence because people will keep thinking im stoned or drunk lol
Quote:Are you serious? LOL

I can't keep trying to type past this sentence because people will keep thinking im stoned or drunk lol

You seriously think we'll draft a receiver in the first?
Quote:I'm hopeful:

2. Allen Hurns/Blackmon

Slot. Lee/Sanders

Done for next year if this happens
Quote:Are you serious? LOL

I can't imagine you typing something less legible than this post...
Quote:That's certainly a possibility. I just think A-Rob/Hurns/Lee are a a nice corps and if they want to try to keep CSIII for a reasonable figure - fine. If not - fine.

If JB comes back - great. If not - there's still absolutely no reason to spend an early pick on a position group already stocked with young talent.

It would be foolish to take a receiver before the fourth round unless they stockpile picks in a trade back.

I'd wager large sums of real money they won't take a receiver in the first round.
exactly

the only reason i would take amari cooper is if we traded back and cooper was by far the best player available when we picked

this draft is loaded with top class de talent and some very good corners both of which are a bigger need than wide receiver

The earliest i would take an offensive player is back end of the first for an rb or a tight end

As for the wideouts

i think blackmon will do his impressive revolving door act... In.... Then out again

I hope shorts will get a small 2 year prove it deal

he has been injured alot never hit 1000 so he cant command decker money i hope they offer him more in the emmanuel sanders range. He will probably test free agency then eventually stay

robinson lee hurns is your core

sanders will have the rest of this year to break a punt return and there will be a big competition for his spot regardless
Some of you can keep telling yourself that the team HAS TO or NEEDS TO take Amari Cooper. But it ain't gonna happen.

Quote:Some of you can keep telling yourself that the team HAS TO or NEEDS TO take Amari Cooper. But it ain't gonna happen.

Well none of our rookies have established themselves as top 10 WRs in 9 games...time to start from scratch
Is Cooper really that good? Is he un-passable in the top 5 would you say? I fully expect us to trade down. Oakland will likely trade down from 1 aswell which might have some impact on what value we can get for the spot

If Cooper was Megatron... I would say yes.

He's not so he won't even sniff the top 3 which is where we are picking.

Pages: 1 2 3