Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Am I the only one surprised...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That D Rob hasn't thrown a pass out of a pitch play (like MJDs td last year)

Seems like something you'd run every here and there just to keep the defense on edge. 

Just wait
I imagine that TMD is reading this thread and will bubble that up to the front office before the day is through.

Maybe they gave up on if after that horrible flea flicker earlier in the year with Gerhart
His arm ain't what it used to be.
Quote:That D Rob hasn't thrown a pass out of a pitch play (like MJDs td last year)

Seems like something you'd run every here and there just to keep the defense on edge.

Aw great! You just gave away our super double-secret play. Now ALL the teams will be looking out for it.
Quote:Maybe they gave up on if after that horrible flea flicker earlier in the year with Gerhart

Gerhart is not a former quarterback, so they should have tried it with Shoelace.
I'm surprised too.  I've expected to see something a little creative.  He is a former QB, after all. 

Quote:His arm ain't what it used to be.
It was never anything to write home about to begin with.
Quote:Gerhart is not a former quarterback, so they should have tried it with Shoelace.

A flea flicker doesn't involve a hb pass so it wouldn't make a difference, I was just referencing the last time we tried a similar trick play
He threw one last year that was beautiful but the receiver dropped it.
Quote:That D Rob hasn't thrown a pass out of a pitch play (like MJDs td last year)

Honestly I think the play is there, but at this point I just want Drob to continue becoming a better RB and not worry about throwing the ball downfield.  Let Blake throw the ball.

What I would like to see is Blake do something like the jump-pass that Russel Wilson did earlier this year.  I think with how much they run the QB option it's something that would work pretty well for us if it could be done right.
Quote:Gerhart is not a former quarterback, so they should have tried it with Shoelace.

How about we learn what a flea flicker is, m'kay?