Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: question of the offseason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so we all know of the changes to the team. now here is something thats happned the last serveal years or seasons in this case. it id again this year. 1 year jags offensse is great but no defense,follewing year defense is great and no offensse.  well in 2015 Jags had a great offensse. in 2016  Defense was great,and kept them in some games,of course the defense can get better. Jags had no offensse though in 2016. 

so here is the question Will the new leaders be able to give us a complete team in the same season?  we will see. 

Lets all rember something though here. Things don't always turn around quickly so don't expect a Super Bowl team in 2016.  We should expect a more displined team in 2016. 

I'm not saying the team will be winners or losers at this time just that you will see a more strict place in Everbank.

P.S. Toms comments on winning,and it won't be easy is so true but at same time my fire is being relit. Gus had kind of extengished it some.

also some of the comments to Marron made at press conference lit my fire some more.
Worst to first. KC circa 2013
I think your spelling is getting better. 

[Image: photo-5140.jpg?_r=1482621587]
2016 was last year but I love you anyways Wolfie boy
The ST's coaching hire will also work to put a more complete team on the field.
Quote:[Image: photo-5140.jpg?_r=1482621587]
if you saw,and watched my video the cowboys av is explained. I lost a bet here. 
Gus killed everybodys' fire.

The Jaguars are in good hands now.

Wolfie were all hoping that both sides of the ball can match the great play of the other. We have the talent in place to build upon while we've seeming acquired the proper HC to obtain such results...

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
I am not sure how great the offense was in 2015. A lot of points that Bortles got were in garbage time. In 2016 since the defense kept games close, the offense had to perform under higher pressure and for the most part didn't deliver
Quote:I am not sure how great the offense was in 2015. A lot of points that Bortles got were in garbage time.

Playing from behind and passing frequently is not "garbage time."  

If you take away all of Blake's stats that were accrued in the second half of ball games when down by more than ten points he still finishes with 4031 yards and 30 TDs.  That's 11th in the NFL that year. 

This garbage time narrative is weak.  They were "in" most of their games that year even though they had to come from behind to be there several times. 
Quote:I am not sure how great the offense was in 2015. A lot of points that Bortles got were in garbage time. In 2016 since the defense kept games close, the offense had to perform under higher pressure and for the most part didn't deliver

[Image: Princess_Bride_That_Word.jpg?fit=506%2C284&ssl=1]
Didn't offseason just end? I don't know why everyone here is so excited for offseason when our regular season contains free agency, the draft, and coach hires. We're always winners then.