Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fred Taylor- One of the Greatest Ever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrpvXAzlo74

It's hard not to watch this and not feel inspired by the feeling of inspiration of that Freddy T gave when running against opposing defenses. Absolutely fearless. I'm telling you guys, if Fred doesn't get into the HoF, than its obvious that their is an anti-Jaguar bias in the league.

It's sad to see what our running game has become today... If Freddy T was playing against the Bengals Sunday, he would have ripped one for 80.

Thanks for this video.

Loved watching every second of it.  I love DRob and I think he's got a nice future - but we should still try to get a running back that can literally dominate the entire game by himself.

I love me some Freddy T but to say there is a bias just because he doesn't make the HOF is just bias in and of itself.

Taylor got 10k yards but that alone doesn't warrant a HOF selection.

Quote:It's hard not to watch this and not feel inspired by the feeling of inspiration...

You just pwned this message board... and the rest of the internet for that matter.
I just wanna be inspired by that feeling of inspiration all the time.

Quote:I love me some Freddy T but to say there is a bias just because he doesn't make the HOF is just bias in and of itself.

Taylor got 10k yards but that alone doesn't warrant a HOF selection.

It is when he got constantly passed over by other RBs that didn't play as well, but were more popular according to the fan vote. Even Jim Brown once said that he believes Fred Taylor is the best RB in his generation. Commentators even commented on him constantly getting screwed over during pro bowl voting. While I don't really thing the HoF committee is "Anti-Jag", I do think that they put too much stock in pro bowls, since fans do get a major say in who goes and who doesn't.
"The media portrayed me as 'Fragile Fred', I never was that. I was a warrior who fought through the negativity." 

Love it.

It's not just the11650 yards. He is like number 4 all time on runs of 50+ ,holds the record for longest post season run, and was a threat to take it to the house everytime. He could beat you with speed, spins, jukes, or a devestating stiff arm as he ran you over. Heck sometime he would do all of that in one run. He was special and one of the greats!
My favorite Fred Taylor play was in a game against Indianapolis.   In the first game that year, Fred was tackled, and as he was on the ground, Colts safety Mike Doss pushed his head down into the turf.   Fred never talked smack before a game, preferring to let his play do the talking.  But he made an exception this time because he had felt disrespected.   "I'm going to punish Mike Doss." 

Late in the game, with the Colts leading, we had driven the ball to about the Colts' 30 yard line.   Fred got the handoff, broke through a seam, got into the secondary, and the only player between us and victory was, you guessed it, Mike Doss.  Fred flattened him.   Touchdown, we win.   There's a picture of Fred at about the 10 yard line, looking back at Mike Doss who was lying flat on his back wondering what city he was in. 

I can't find that one, but here's another picture of the play: 

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/...ty-special
I remember taking my mom(huge Panthers fan) to the Jags/Panthers game in December of 2007. Vinny Testeverde was the QB at that game. My mom got all mad that the Jags were KILLING the Panthers and got up to leave with about 8 minutes left in the game. I told them we would follow them down after the next possession. Right then Freddy busted off about a 60+ yard TD run.... WELP! Time to go!

Good memories....
Fred to the HOF would be awesome but I doubt it happens. 

I don't think it was so much the lack of pro bowls that will keep it from happening as the lack of superbowls and overall success the team had while he was a Jag. 

The players that make the HOF without their teams having much success generally have statistics that are extraordinary. Unfortunately, Fred doesn't really possess either extraordinary totals or having the team success (superbowls)

Fred not making the HOF also certainly doesn't lessen my opinion of the player. One of the most complete RB I've ever seen. I'm just glad I got the opportunity to watch him as a Jaguar all those years. 

Quote:My favorite Fred Taylor play was in a game against Indianapolis. In the first game that year, Fred was tackled, and as he was on the ground, Colts safety Mike Doss pushed his head down into the turf. Fred never talked smack before a game, preferring to let his play do the talking. But he made an exception this time because he had felt disrespected. "I'm going to punish Mike Doss."

Late in the game, with the Colts leading, we had driven the ball to about the Colts' 30 yard line. Fred got the handoff, broke through a seam, got into the secondary, and the only player between us and victory was, you guessed it, Mike Doss. Fred flattened him. Touchdown, we win. There's a picture of Fred at about the 10 yard line, looking back at Mike Doss who was lying flat on his back wondering what city he was in.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-09-29/story/fred-taylors-run-jaguars-immortality-special'>http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-09-29/story/fred-taylors-run-jaguars-immortality-special</a>
Definitely one of my favorite fred taylor runs as well
Fred will make it but it is going to require appealing to the Veteran's committee.  You consider his yard total even with a complete groin tear and it is remarkable.

Brackens was also one of my Favorites. Great article!
Quote:My favorite Fred Taylor play was in a game against Indianapolis.   In the first game that year, Fred was tackled, and as he was on the ground, Colts safety Mike Doss pushed his head down into the turf.   Fred never talked smack before a game, preferring to let his play do the talking.  But he made an exception this time because he had felt disrespected.   "I'm going to punish Mike Doss." 

Late in the game, with the Colts leading, we had driven the ball to about the Colts' 30 yard line.   Fred got the handoff, broke through a seam, got into the secondary, and the only player between us and victory was, you guessed it, Mike Doss.  Fred flattened him.   Touchdown, we win.   There's a picture of Fred at about the 10 yard line, looking back at Mike Doss who was lying flat on his back wondering what city he was in. 

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-09-29/story/fred-taylors-run-jaguars-immortality-special'>http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-09-29/story/fred-taylors-run-jaguars-immortality-special</a>

Yep! Fred Taylor was never one to run his mouth, but when he did, you knew what was coming. Man I miss watching that guy run the football. When he and MJD were running together it was truly something to behold. If we didn't run into the Pats that year, I think we end up winning the whole thing.
Quote:Fred will make it but it is going to require appealing to the Veteran's committee.  You consider his yard total even with a complete groin tear and it is remarkable.

Plus he's one of the best home run backs to ever play the game!

John Riggins

Corey Dillon

O.J. Simpson

STEVEN JACKSON

Warrick Dunn

Ricky Watters

Jamal Lewis

Thomas Jones

Tiki Barber

Eddie George

<div>The next 10 backs below Fred. I think he will make it to the HOF
</div>