Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Expectations & Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else actually finds themselves caring more about the games lately. Before when watching the games,

I kind of had this feeling of no hope or expectations and I watched the games just for the sake of watching

them. Big plays, bad or good, wins, loses didn’t really illicit a good or bad emotion. It was more of, cool they

made a good play, or ahh shucks that was a crappy play.

This last stretch of games against average/good teams has changed that. My expectations are starting to

grow for this team. When a bad play occurs, I’m frustrated or angry. When a good play happens, the

excitement is incredible. More and more games are being decided by a couple of plays here and there. This

makes every play or series a must see. Before entire games or halves were just horrible, now we’re seeing

only a handful of moments of ineptness. The saying that most games are decided by a few plays here and

there is finally applicable to the Jaguars.

The record doesn’t show it, but this team has progressed. And after years of hopelessness, I finally expect

the defense to make a stop, the offense to convert that 3<sup>rd</sup> and short, to make a big play when it’s available,

and to be in the game till the end.  As the team continues to mature and gain experience, my expectations

will continue to grow. I hope this team continues to meet and eventually exceed this fans expectations.

I agree. I've never wanted to turn off a Jags game until last year.  I could not bare it any longer at that point.  This year I'm excited because we are atleast competitive, and I want to see how the team and BB grows.