Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Toby the Tight End
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else like to see this? He only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Hernandez and catches the ball pretty well. He's good at run blocking. I think he can make the conversion to a hybrid of a back and tight end pretty well.

Interesting thought.  I kinda' like him as a spell-back to Denard, but he could work as an H-back hybrid some I suppose. He usually catches well though he missed that big one yesterday.  (woulda' been a great grab - but it did hit his hands)

When did we see him run block?

Quote:Anyone else like to see this? He only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Hernandez and catches the ball pretty well. He's good at run blocking. I think he can make the conversion to a hybrid of a back and tight end pretty well.

I still like him as a RB.  (Maybe not the primary back.)  He ran hard yesterday, got a first down, got a touchdown.  I think he could be a good back for us.   If we have a lead late in a game, and he is fresh off the bench, he could be extremely useful as a RB. 

Quote:Anyone else like to see this? He only 1 inch shorter than Aaron Hernandez and catches the ball pretty well. He's good at run blocking. I think he can make the conversion to a hybrid of a back and tight end pretty well.

See it? Meaning was there a story on this idea or did Gerhart actually line up as a TE at some point yesterday? Not sure which one you are claiming?
Stop, he's a running back. There have been worse RBs this season and now that he's finally healthy his agility and quickness looked much improved Sunday.

I think Toby and Denard are going to be a good 1-2 punch.

Take a guy who stinks at the position he's been playing his whole life and move him mid-season to a position he's never played before and is too short for in the first place.

Seems like a winning formula.

Half back.

Punter.

As long as DRob is getting things done I dont care what Toby does. But then again I'd like him to help us not hurt us.

I think he should move to QB and try to throw the ball left handed, then the haters posters with a negative perception of the player on this board would clamor for him to play.

Quote:As long as DRob is getting things done I dont care what Toby does. But then again I'd like him to help us not hurt us.
We should care, DRob isn't a guy who can stay in after he gets a 30 yard gain. I've seen them sit him for the rest of a drive after a big run so we need someone who can 1-2 with him.
Him and D-rob compliment each other, I like the 1-2 punch they have... something we haven't had since Taylor and MJD

Gerhart ran hard yesterday, he is on a mission and I believe he will contribute

No, 6'0" is a stretch even though that's what he's listed at.  He's probably 5'10, maybe 6'0 with 2" cleats.
Quote:No, 6'0" is a stretch even though that's what he's listed at.  He's probably 5'10, maybe 6'0 with 2" cleats.

He measured in at exactly six feet tall at the combine. I'd say that's probably pretty accurate.
Quote:No, 6'0" is a stretch even though that's what he's listed at.  He's probably 5'10, maybe 6'0 with 2" cleats.
Throw it at the wall, see if it sticks.
That's an interesting notion! I gave 'kudos' to Toby for his running this past game, but he still isn't as good as DRob as a primary running back. I kind'a saw him as maybe a full back; but he can catch the ball, and he can block (or so we've been told). So, maybe Toby would work as a 'hybrid' back.

I like the immediate comparison to Aaron Hernandez.  Does part of the conversion include a few murders too??

Quote:Take a guy who stinks at the position he's been playing his whole life and move him mid-season to a position he's never played before and is too short for in the first place.

Seems like a winning formula.

Get out of here with that common sense.
Quote:I like the immediate comparison to Aaron Hernandez.  Does part of the conversion include a few murders too??

LOL. We can only dream. 
Pages: 1 2