Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: After Watching the Steelers These Past Two Weeks...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to say I am impressed with the defense. Yes they gave up 33 points yesterday but to be fair they were on the field a lot and forced two turnovers (and coulda had 2 more fumbles). But they held a Steelers offense that's put up over 40 points and 12 TD passes the past two weeks to 17 points. They held a Dolphins team that produced 37 points yesterday to below twenty points because 14 points last week were from defensive scores. They've been progressing, maybe we've just overlooked it. If the offense can click and eventually when the rookies learn it will, we may start being more competitive.
Quote:I have to say I am impressed with the defense. Yes they gave up 33 points yesterday but to be fair they were on the field a lot and forced two turnovers (and coulda had 2 more fumbles). But they held a Steelers offense that's put up over 40 points and 12 TD passes the past two weeks to 17 points. They held a Dolphins team that produced 37 points yesterday to below twenty points because 14 points last week were from defensive scores. They've been progressing, maybe we've just overlooked it. If the offense can click and eventually when the rookies learn it will, we may start being more competitive.

There is little doubt the defense has been progressing compared to where we were at the beginning of the season. There are still some areas to work on but anyone looking for progress need only look at this group as a whole. Caldwell needs to continue to refine a few position groups but overall very happy here.

I realize some people will only look at the record and final scores without actually analyzing the growth taking place and that's fine. Most of the teams that seem to get good suddenly actually don't. The improve until they reach a tipping point and then seem to come out of no where.

Now if we can just get the passing offense fixed!