Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Run defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Unbelievable. Jeremy Hill is a rookie and was making his first career start. We limited our last four opponents to less than 100 rushing yards. So Hill should not have even come close to 131 yards yesterday. Why did that happen?

One big play gave him a career day.
Quote:One big play gave him a career day.

131 - 60 = 71

Where did the other 71 yards come from?
how long do you expect this defense to keep holding up with the offense going 3 and out and throwing it to the other team all the time?

let's not even go near the punting, the above statement is already more than enough

I've been pretty impressed with the run defense over the past several games. It was fine yesterday too, until that one 60 yarder was broken off late. 

Quote:Unbelievable. Jeremy Hill is a rookie and was making his first career start. We limited our last four opponents to less than 100 rushing yards. So Hill should not have even come close to 131 yards yesterday. Why did that happen?

Whether posters agree w/my opinion or not, the difference is Poz...

We, within the past few games w/Poz, hav'nt allowed 100 yard rushers. W/O Poz the opposing RBs has gained what again???

NH3...
Quote:Whether posters agree w/my opinion or not, the difference is Poz...

We, within the past few games w/Poz, haven't allowed 100 yard rushers. W/O Poz the opposing RBs has gained what again?

Losing Poz obviously hurt, but I doubt that is the only reason because we have also given up over 100 yards with him.
Quote:131 - 60 = 71

Where did the other 71 yards come from?

Hill rushed for 154 yards.

154 - 60 = 94
Might as well start a new thread every time an idea pops into your head.....
We need better LB play.

The truth is our starting 3 would not be starting on many other rosters if any.

It's nice to see the young guys go out there and make a few plays, but the reality is, even with Poz, our LB corps is one of the weakest areas on the roster.

Quote:Might as well start a new thread every time an idea pops into your head.....

If at first you don't succeed.....
Stephen Hill is plenty talented to burn any defense, rookie or not. He's 230 pounds, fast, and elusive.

They broke down on the long run. Had we been able to get the ball back there, game could be totally different. He made Evans miss and JT got pushed out. Guys on their team get paid to make plays too.
Cyprien overpursued on that 60 yarder. Could have held him to 5-10. But I was impressed with Jeremy Hill. He's a pretty dang good player. Sometimes good players have good games against good defences.

Quote:Cyprien overpursued on that 60 yarder. Could have held him to 5-10. But I was impressed with Jeremy Hill. He's a pretty dang good player. Sometimes good players have good games against good defences.
Cyprien didn't over pursue he was forced to play containment and turn Hill to the inside of the block. That's what defensive players are trained to do if they are the last man on the edge. There should have been help to the inside. If he let's Hill cut to the outside, then it is guaranteed that there will be no help along the sideline.
We brought Jeremy Hill in twice before the draft so the jags were really interested in him.

We will see if Marqise Lee turns out to be better value.
Quote:We brought Jeremy Hill in twice before the draft so the jags were really interested in him.

We will see if Marqise Lee turns out to be better value.

Were we thinking about Jeremy Hill for the second round pick?