Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How we can beat the Dallas Cowboys next week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014102700...tab=videos

Look at how the Redskins were able to successfully disguise their blitz's against the Cowboys on MNF. It forced the offense to gamble on whether to run or pass the football. Not to mention it took Romo out of his element with the constant pressure. Now hopefully he won't be playing next week, but if he is, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jags utilized a similar strategy against the Cowboys.

And now compare that with what Arizona did today as well:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2014110202...tab=videos

The biggest question going into this game will be how our young secondary fares with the likes of Dez Bryant and Jason Witten? What do you guys think Bradley should do? What would be your gameplan heading into this game if you were the DC?

I'm interested in reading your suggestions. 
Their line showed bad skill at protecting against disguised blitzes. I feel our run D can hold Murray in check, and by the i mean about 100 yards and 1 td. Dudes going to get his numbers. Frustrate Dez early and pray Weeden is the starting QB. Without Romo, the Cowboys did not look good. I predict a score of Dallas-24 Jags-17. Maybe a moral victory. D Robinson gets 160 total yards and 2 tds. Bortles throws for 270 1 td and 1 pick
Get a new team before we play them.

Same way we should've won today. Go vertical, wrap up, and quit botching ST
Blake has to stop being horrible. Play calling wasnt helping much but when he tried to make NFL level throws it didnt look pretty. Both TDs were pretty bad passes.

Quote:Blake has to stop being horrible. 
So does the D, and ST
Blake plays better.

If he does, we win.

Pretty easy.

If the Cowboys plane takes a wrong turn.

Put the Cowboys on a plane with the Cleveland Indians and let 'em fight it out....

Stop Murray and make Weeden throw picks with pressure. 

Hypnotize Bortles and force him to look at a minimum of two eligible receivers before forcing the ball to one that's covered. 

Feed Shoelace. 

(the very first one is the doozie)

Quote:Their line showed bad skill at protecting against disguised blitzes. I feel our run D can hold Murray in check, and by the i mean about 100 yards and 1 td. Dudes going to get his numbers. Frustrate Dez early and pray Weeden is the starting QB. Without Romo, the Cowboys did not look good. I predict a score of Dallas-24 Jags-17. Maybe a moral victory. D Robinson gets 160 total yards and 2 tds. Bortles throws for 270 1 td and 1 pick

We just let a rookie RB run 131 yards in his first career start. So how do you expect the same 11 players to stop the NFL's leading rusher? For the first time since September, I am worried about a RB gashing our defense.

Update on Tony Romo: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-in-london

Quote:Romo will be on the team plane to London this week, where the Cowboys will face the Jaguars.
Quote:Blake has to stop being horrible. Play calling wasn't helping much but when he tried to make NFL level throws it didn't look pretty. Both TDs were pretty bad passes.

Blake is not horrible. He is just learning on the job, which unfortunately involves trial and error.

So what if the touchdown passes were bad throws? Right now we need to get points in any way possible and be thankful for every touchdown, not worry about what it could have been.
The Jags can't beat the Cowboys next week, but that's ok.  I grew up a Dallas fan until I moved here so it's a Win/Win for me    :woot:

Anyone see Peter King's comment in his Monday Morning QB column this morning?

He thinks Tony Romo will play, but if for some reason he doesn't, and there is certainly a chance of that, he thinks the Jaguars win.

If Weeden plays the DBs must play off 4 to 6 steps on either side of the receivers because that's where the ball will go.

Stop Demarco Murray. Dez and Williams will probably get their yards, but Witten is the safety valve. If Romo plays, blitz and confuse him
We can beat them by scoring more points than them.  

Demarco is going to need to be contained.  Weeden doesn't scare me as a QB.  And their defense doesn't look crazy either.

If we can put together a complete game we could pull this one off.  We didn't have anything near a complete game yesterday and pulled within 3 points.

Is the jags game going to be early like the Falcons - lions was?
I think the Jags beat the Cowboys. There, I said it.
Quote:Is the jags game going to be early like the Falcons - lions was?

No - that was a one time thing, at least for this year.

Game is at 1:00 pm eastern time.
Pages: 1 2