Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: There were some positives today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
+Denard Robinson has rushed for over 300 yards and averaging 5.7ypc the last 3 weeks.  He is the man

+Defense has played better in spurts. They allowed too many big plays but considering all of the backups playing it's promising to see

+The offensive line has played much better.  They are run and pass blocking much better.

+Hurns is back in the saddle.  He made some really tough clutch catches today

+Cecil Shorts took a major hit without being injured. Thought for sure he was going to IR after that hit

+The team has scored more than 20 points for the second time this season. 

+We won the turnover battle.  #Because Jaguars we lost the game but this is a great sign

Quote: 

+The team has scored more than 20 points for the second time this season. 

I'm so proud of my team..........................................................
Quote:I'm so proud of my team..........................................................
lol
There was plenty of positives, but yes it's frustrating we keep finding ways to lose. 

Caldwell has given us the talent

We have players...
Quote:There was plenty of positives, but yes it's frustrating we keep finding ways to lose. 

Do we find ways to lose?  Or do we have management that don't know how to win?
Coach Babich as figure it out.

Fish hasn't 
One more thing : Toby.

3 carries, 19 yards.

3 rec, 49 yards.

Quote:Coach Babich as figure it out.

Fish hasn't 

Which one has the 5 rookie starters again?
We blow the Bengals out if we stretch the field vertically, wrap up, and protect on ST
Quote:Do we find ways to lose?  Or do we have management that don't know how to win?

2 blocked punts and Scobee kicking the ball out of bounds on the kickoff... execution falls on the players. I think we are just finding ways to lose.
Quote:2 blocked punts and Scobee kicking the ball out of bounds on the kickoff... execution falls on the players. I think we are just finding ways to lose.

Pretty much how I feel, add to that the turnovers it's the players just not executing. It should improve over time but right now we just find new ways to lose week to week. 
Quote:Pretty much how I feel, add to that the turnovers it's the players just not executing. It should improve over time but right now we just find new ways to lose week to week. 

It will improve.  The teams we have been playing against have good defenses and are right in the playoff hunt.  We are playing pretty solid given all the injuries.  I think the offense will play better once Lewis is back in, he will help big time in the red zone.
Quote:Which one has the 5 rookie starters again?

Babich also has 2 superbowl winning veterans to set the tone.  We have no one on the offense that can lead the group that has that experience.  It'll get better, I thought today both units played the best they have all year.  @ Bengals is tough for anybody in the league.
We were in the game in the fourth quarter against a playoff team on the road. The offensive line has played pretty well the last two weeks, which I thought was our biggest weakness at the beginning of the year. Being competitive with a young roster that has less talent than 2/3rds of the league is an accomplishment.

I think we have a great core of young players on offense that have unlimited potential when they reach their prime, so the arrow is pointed up IMO.
Quote:We were in the game in the fourth quarter against a playoff team on the road. The offensive line has played pretty well the last two weeks, which I thought was our biggest weakness at the beginning of the year. Being competitive with a young roster that has less talent than 2/3rds of the league is an accomplishment.

I think we have a great core of young players on offense that have unlimited potential when they reach their prime, so the arrow is pointed up IMO.
I agree with this. The realistic goal for this year's team should have been to identify a core group of young players who will continue to improve with experience. Bortles' development has gone as expected.He has had both good and bad moments which is no different from any rookie quarterbacks placed in similiar situations. No one knows for certain how he will turn out, but I would not trade him for any other young q.b. with the exception of Luck. Denard has the look of a potential pro bowl running back given his monumental improvement from year 1. It looks like they will have another top 5 draft pick and with all the salary cap space they have, I expect them to add a quality safety, tight end, pass rusher and offensive line depth. So yes, the arrow is pointed up.
we beat the point spread.  15 point underdogs. we only lose by 10.

Quote:Do we find ways to lose?  Or do we have management that don't know how to win?
B
Quote:Which one has the 5 rookie starters again?
Gus has essentially taken over the D in recent weeks.  Babich isn't doing squat.
Quote:Gus has essentially taken over the D in recent weeks. Babich isn't doing squat.
Second time I've read this. When was this said of Bradley taking over?
Pages: 1 2