Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Time to part ways with Scobee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He just isn't the same guy anymore. He lacks confidence and once a kicker loses confidence, he is never the same again. Time to bring in a young stud with no mental baggage.

Like I said in an other thread; he'd be signed somewhere else before he even left the building. 

but but but he does kickin it with Scobee!!

Quote:Like I said in an other thread; he'd be signed somewhere else before he even left the building. 

Not a problem.

Also need to part ways with Anger. The stigma of him being mediocre AND being a 3rd rounder is a black cloud that has hung over this franchise for far too long.
Quote:Not a problem.

Also need to part ways with Anger. The stigma of him being mediocre AND being a 3rd rounder is a black cloud that has hung over this franchise for far too long.
You don't cut kickers because of a lack of confidence and you don't cut players because you expect too much from them.

If we find someone better than Scobee/Anger/[insert anyone else you want cut here], then I'm all for it, but until then they're our best options
its the stupid play call to kick it short near the sideline and hope to stop them before the 20, blame the coaching because they do it all the time, Scobee can easily kick it out of the end zone

Quote:its the stupid play call to kick it short near the sideline and hope to stop them before the 20, blame the coaching because they do it all the time, Scobee can easily kick it out of the end zone

Not sure about that. I don't recall him doing it one time today.
Scobee is just another overpaid player from the last regime, time to cut ties with him.

Quote:its the stupid play call to kick it short near the sideline and hope to stop them before the 20, blame the coaching because they do it all the time, Scobee can easily kick it out of the end zone
I don't think that was a call. I think he just shanked that one. 
Quote:I don't think that was a call. I think he just shanked that one. 

Stop trying to derail the BLAME SCOBEE, FIRE HIM NOW train that will change to SCOBEE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME when he pulls out an eventual victory out for us.
Quote:Stop trying to derail the BLAME SCOBEE, FIRE HIM NOW train that will change to SCOBEE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME when he pulls out an eventual victory out for us.

Yes, when Scobee makes that 50 yarder in December to propel us to 2-14, we will celebrate in glee.
Quote:Yes, when Scobee makes that 50 yarder in December to propel us to 2-14, we will celebrate in glee.
That will probably cause us to miss out a good draft pick with our luck....
Quote:That will probably cause us to miss out a good draft pick with our luck....

It absolutely will. Then the "select few" will jump in to tell us that every win is important and that it will somehow build momentum going into 2015. Worked this year, right?
Quote:It absolutely will. Then the "select few" will jump in to tell us that every win is important and that it will somehow build momentum going into 2015. Worked this year, right?
we lost 4 in a row last season to end the year so...
Quote:He just isn't the same guy anymore. He lacks confidence and once a kicker loses confidence, he is never the same again. Time to bring in a young stud with no mental baggage.

Yep, we'd be winning games like crazy with a better kicker.

Delusional waste of space on the board.
Quote:Yep, we'd be winning games like crazy with a better kicker.

Delusional waste of space on the board.

Remains to be seen, eh?
Quote:Remains to be seen, eh?

You do know Scobee doesn't block on special teams right?
Of all the actual things to complain about, someone goes after Scobee.

There is no face palm gif worthy of posting here. 

He certainly is having a bad year, in fact it's probably the worst year of his career.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Pages: 1 2