Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When Does Rebuilding Begin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When do the Jags start rebuilding the franchise?

I almost hate to say it - but things aren't working.  I think the talent is a bit better this year, but the coaching is awful.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see some significant changes this offseason.  

2016 possibly?

Give the coaching staff one more year. No playoffs? Get fired. Giving Bortles another offense to learn along with these rookies won't help them at all.

You can buy the nicest materials around (draft picks), but if you have unqualified people building the house (coaches), what difference does it make?

Quote:You can buy the nicest materials around (draft picks), but if you have unqualified people building the house (coaches), what difference does it make?

Does Khan have the sphericals to fire Bradley?
Quote:Does Khan have the sphericals to fire Bradley?

I don't foresee him having the same loyalty to mediocrity as our past owner.

Edit: Not bagging on Weaver. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have a team to complain about every Sunday, but he was loyal to a fault.

Glad to see the negative Nancy's are back. They'll be staring threads all week!! 

Quote:Glad to see the negative Nancy's are back. They'll be staring threads all week!! 

Give us something to be positive about..... I'll wait right here.
No one gets fired this season... but next year if we don't go at least 8-8 then heads need to roll...

in 2008.....oh wait.....in 2012.....oh wait......

I had a boss years ago who was hired by my employer because he convinced senior management that his "five year plan" would achieve great things. He even had a name for each year of his plan. Year one was the " year of the plan ", year two was " year of the factory ", etc. After 5 years, he was a dismal failure and was fired. But before he lost his job, he convinced another company to hire him because he had a great idea........a 5 year plan to achieve success!! Come to find out, this had been his "M.O." For his entire career, and he made a small fortune because he was such a convincing salesman.

Somehow, I'm reminded of this when I hear the succession of coaches and GM's who pass thru Jax.
Quote:No one gets fired this season... but next year if we don't go at least 8-8 then heads need to roll...

Lol, right now, 8-8 is a pipe dream.
Quote:No one gets fired this season... but next year if we don't go at least 8-8 then heads need to roll...

Expect heads to roll then.

They SHOULD be better next year, but I don't see 8-8 better.

Someone tell me where I am wrong.
Quote:Give us something to be positive about..... I'll wait right here.

We scored more points than the Broncos? Shrugs
Quote:When do the Jags start rebuilding the franchise?

2095 sounds about right, that's the 100 year anniversary. It's going to be HUGE.

Unfortunately, most of us in here will not be around to see it.

Good luck to your grandkids.
I don't think you put a time limit on it. You rebuild, or replace, when you realize a mistake was made.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I don't think you put a time limit on it. You rebuild, or replace, when you realize a mistake was made.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Exactly
Jacksonville Jaguars established in 1993

Rebuilding since 1995    

Quote:Jacksonville Jaguars established in 1993

Rebuilding since 1995    

More like 2001-2003...
Pages: 1 2