Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Voice of the Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a serious question: What would be the most effective route towards petitioning for a change in Jags play by play guy? Frangie is simply awful to listen to, and not even Lags and Boselli is enough to make up for that.

Should we voice our sincere desire for a switch next year to 1010XL, the Jags organization? Both? If so, what would the best route be?

I honestly believe that if enough people are outspoken about this, we might be able to effect change, so I thought a good start would be to post here and start an open dialogue here and see if enough people feel the same way.
Frangie is flat out God awful. He makes me want to gouge out my eardrums with a screwdriver.

Worst move of the Kahn era, hands down.

Email the flagship station.....a lot.
If you are able to hear 1010XL, the game is on your TV and you can watch it. That is much better than listening to it on the radio anyway.

Quote:If you are able to hear 1010XL, the game is on your TV and you can watch it. That is much better than listening to it on the radio anyway.
Actually, I use the TuneIn app and live in Orlando. Home games are not broadcast here.
Quote:Actually, I use the TuneIn app and live in Orlando. Home games are not broadcast here.
Good thing this game isn't at home then.
Frangie is an absolute bore.  I can't stand to hear his voice broadcasting our games.  Completely borin and his lack of football IQ is embarassing.

Mike Dempsey would have been the better choice
Quote:Mike Dempsey Anyone else would have been the better choice
Fixed it for you.

I used to never listen to the game on tv. I would mute the tv and listen to the radio broadcast. I know a lot of people didn't like Sexton, but he wasn't close to being this bad. After a few attempts this year, I have given up on listening to play by play via radio broadcast. It is that bad. I really don't know what this team was thinking when they chose that clown to be the PBP guy. Huge mistake.

His calls sound like someone in the Men's room struggling from a stall
I like Frangie on his show, but I can't stand listening to his play by play
Quote:I have a serious question: What would be the most effective route towards petitioning for a change in Jags play by play guy? Frangie is simply awful to listen to, and not even Lags and Boselli is enough to make up for that.

Should we voice our sincere desire for a switch next year to 1010XL, the Jags organization? Both? If so, what would the best route be?

I honestly believe that if enough people are outspoken about this, we might be able to effect change, so I thought a good start would be to post here and start an open dialogue here and see if enough people feel the same way.

I agree!
I agree Frangie is bad, but maybe it would help if he gave up the radio show everyday and just called the games. Hearing him everyday wears on your ears. Mike Dempsey would not be a better choice! In fact, Joe Cowart should do the "Jaguars Today" show on 92.5! Joe is the best radio voice and host on 1010XL. He is the most professional of the group.

Sexton must be loving this post!

Quote:I agree Frangie is bad, but maybe it would help if he gave up the radio show everyday and just called the games. Hearing him everyday wears on your ears. Mike Dempsey would not be a better choice! In fact, Joe Cowart should do the "Jaguars Today" show on 92.5! Joe is the best radio voice and host on 1010XL. He is the most professional of the group.

They need to cast a wider net than local radio hacks to find their next guy. I only pray that they're doing that very thing as I write this. It's laughable at how bad it is.
The team has to know that Frangie is awful, right?

It is just flat out terrible.

Quote:I agree Frangie is bad, but maybe it would help if he gave up the radio show everyday and just called the games. Hearing him everyday wears on your ears. Mike Dempsey would not be a better choice! In fact, Joe Cowart should do the "Jaguars Today" show on 92.5! Joe is the best radio voice and host on 1010XL. He is the most professional of the group.

Respectfully disagree. 

Even if he didn't have one of the worst voices to listen to, his actual play-calling ability is terrible. He sounds like a hick who is trying to call games and has no idea what he's doing. 

Too much dead air while the play is happening, and he has no sense of describing the feel of a game.

I know that some didn't like Sexton, but at least he was good at that. I remember his quote of "Is there drama in Byron Leftwich" as he was mounting a comeback vs Buffalo. It was a great statement that helped you feel what the atmosphere was like. Frangie hasn't done anything like that ever.

Honestly, I think that we should create a digital petition for a new Voice of the Jaguars, share it with everyone we know and then submit it to both 1010XL and the Jaguars organization. 

It might be our best chance to voice displeasure.

If I created the petition, would anybody be down for helping share it and get signatures? 
Quote:If you are able to hear 1010XL, the game is on your TV and you can watch it. That is much better than listening to it on the radio anyway.

This is a lie. I can hear the game on the radio every weekend, but it is rarely broadcast on tv here. 

I thought you hated lies?

Obviously, FF got the gig because he had experience doing PBP of college football on radio and had kept that job so he must be good... Plus he is a lead local radio guy on the station..   Good PBP are hard to find...   I was up in New England this past weekend on Saturday afternoon and had to listen to Bob Picozzi  calling the Florida-Georgia game on ESPN Radio (old school radio since I had a rental car without XM).  He in an experienced PBP guy but was awful...  He made FF sound like Gus Johnson...     The problem Frank has is how to announce a big play for the home team...  The routine plays he's fine...  He needs to be like Mike Keith of the Titans when we score...   Or Mitch Holthus of the Chiefs who has a good TD call...

I like what 1010xl has done with the game day broadcast (including pre-game and post-game broadcast) but the play by play broadcast is terrible. 

.... maybe it's supposed to correlate to our product.  Everything is great except for the 1pm-4pm time slot.

Voiced my opinion on the topic and it was moved to the sideline but i think it does pertain to the Jags and the games.

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...-play-man/

Pages: 1 2