Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week In the AFC South-Week 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
November is here and with it the weather has turned cooler.  This is also  typically the time of year where the playoff prospects for many teams turn similarly cold.  But for the best, things are getting warmed up for the playoff run.  The Colts had been performing well, until a red hot Ben Roethlisberger torched their secondary for over 500 yards passing and SIX (6) TDs.  Texans first round pick Jadeveon Clowney had been on ice since week 1 with an injury caused by the suddenly notorious Texans turf. until he returned last week against the tacks.  But an illness has him under the weather.  Speaking of the Tacks, they have cooled on Jake Locker, and rookie Zach Mettenberger has warmed up from the bullpen.  Finally, the Jaguars and RB Denard Robinson thought they were warming up after beating Cleveland, but rookie Blake Bortles and the team cooled off in a loss to the fish.

Now for this week's games.

Jacksonville
(1-7) at Cincinnati
(4-2-1)-The young Jaguars make their way to Ohio to face a Bengals team that looked awfully impressive to start the season, only to have injuries bring them down to earth.  The Bengals get AJ Green back with a toe injury, but still will likely be without RB Giovani Bernard, LB Rey Maualuga and Vontaze Burfict, OL Kevin Zeitler and DB Darqueze Denard.  With those LBs hurting, the Jaguars running game should continue to show more signs of life with Denard Robinson.  However, the matchup of Bortles and the Jaguars' passing game against the Bengals pass rush and secondary should be a tough one for the Jaguars.  The Jaguars defense should keep things interesting.  Bengals
28, Jaguars

Philadelphia
(5-2) at Houston
(4-4)-The Eagles are on the second game of a western road trip, coming off a loss to the Arizona Cardinals last week.  Foles has thrown a bunch of INTs this year-at least compared to last year.  Do defenses have the book on him, are injuries to the Philly OL contributing to his drop in performance, or some combination?  The Eagles' offense doesn't seem to match up well against the Houston front, as nobody seems to have found a way to control J.J. Watt.  However, I think RBs Sproles, McCoy, with TEs Brad Celek and Zach Ertz can exploit the Texans LBs, and ultimately, despite his issues, I think Foles is better than Fitzpatrick.  In a tough and interesting game, Philly
beats Houston
24-20.

Indianapolis
(5-3) at N. Y. Giants
(3-4)-it will be interesting to see how the Colts secondary rebounds against the thrashing they received at the hands of the Pittsburgh passing game.  The Colts can't rush the passer very well, and the Giants have struggled pass blocking.   But Luck is capable of picking the Giant defense apart.  Indy
31-21 over the G Men

Tacks are off.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  17-10

Bengals

Texans

G-Men (only because in NY)
Oklahomie from parts unknown...

Bengals

Eagles

Colts
Bengals

Eagles

Colts

2-1 last week, 6-1 overall

Went 1-2 last week. 15-12 overall.

Giants

Bengals

Eagles
First of all, this is a great thread every week.  Thanks Bullseye!

Jaguars over Bengals - I just kind of have a feeling...

Eagles over Texans

Colts over Giants

Last week 2-1

Overall 19-8

21-6 overall.

2-1 last week.

Bengals over Jaguars

Texans over Eagles

Colts over Giants

Week # 8:  1-2

Overall  17-10

Week # 9 Selections:

Cincinnati over Jacksonville

Philadelphia over Houston

Indianapolis over NY Giants

Quote:First of all, this is a great thread every week.  Thanks Bullseye!

Jaguars over Bengals - I just kind of have a feeling...

Eagles over Texans

Colts over Giants

Last week 2-1

Overall 19-8
In the interest of full disclosure, I can't take credit for this concept.

I have been on the internet for 20 years now.

Back on the old AOL boards, on the Browns board, there was a guy named Zombo who made these threads for the then AFC Central.  He continues to post similar threads for the AFC North under the same name on thebrownsboard.com

One day I figured I'd post a similar thread here.

I didn't envision, however, it would turn into a pick 'em sort of thread, nor did I envision it becoming popular here.

Glad you guys and gals participate though.
I'm 13-7 after last week. So lets keep on winning here....

I'm going for my jags again(hey no money is on the line so its cool...)

Jags

Philly

Indy

2-0 today and waiting for the Colts

Is it too early to say the Colts won? Now they are leading by 30 points in the fourth quarter.

2-1 this week.

23-7 overall.

3-0 this week

How do you guys keep track of your overall records?

This week:  3-0...my first undefeated week.  Thank you...thank you Taking a bow!  :teehee:

Overall:  20-10.

Got them all right this week, and 10-3 so far for the weeks I've managed to participate in.

Quote:Got them all right this week, and 10-3 so far for the weeks I've managed to participate in.
Welcome back.
I'm in a pick'em league on another site.  There's about 28 people in it.  They keep track of all sorts of stats.  The AFC South is the easiest to predict.  Overall we've gotten 71% of the AFC South games correct.  Next easiest was AFC West with 70.02% correct.  The Jaguars are the second easiest team to predict behind the Broncos.

The hardest on the other hand Bears/Steelers, and the NFC South is the hardest division.

Of course they count each game twice (You get the Colts over the Titans right for example, and you get 2 right for the AFC South)  The guy who runs it is a friend of mine, and he has yet to get the Jags wrong.  I keep telling him he needs to pick the Jags to make them win >_>