Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Time for revenge? We have some history with the Bengals.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Back in Brunell's time we always looked forward to playing the Bengals because we'd routinely whip them year after year. But that of course was the old Bungles, and these are the new contending Bengals. That said, the two teams have taken drastically different paths since meeting each other back in 2008 when an 0-8 Bengals team played their hearts out and beat us. After the game Del Rio was so upset he took it out on Mike Peterson and practically lost the locker room. Ever since that game the Jaguars have lost most all of their games while the Bengals have won a majority of theirs. This was a pivotal point in both teams history. Now I realize few aside from Josh Scobee on the current roster will recall the game, but it still may be an opportunity for the Jaguars to rectify their losing ways with some long overdue payback.

I don't know what to say. I saw the topic and had some thoughts about it. Then I saw that you were a Mod, not an Admin. What kind of [BAD WORD REMOVED] policy lets one of the oldest Mods not be an Admin?

You may or not care about what I have to say about it or around here, but seeing that bothered me. You deserve it if anyone does.

What the hell???.... :down:

Actually what happened was Mike Peterson said something in the locker room that upset JDR. That was the beginning of the end of Mike Peterson's time as a Jaguar.

Wasn't that also the game where John Henderson and Andrew Whitworth were ejected for fighting in the second half?

Quote:I don't know what to say. I saw the topic and had some thoughts about it. Then I saw that you were a Mod, not an Admin. What kind of [BAD WORD REMOVED] policy lets one of the oldest Mods not be an Admin?

You may or not care about what I have to say about it or around here, but seeing that bothered me. You deserve it if anyone does.

Keep fighting the good fight, Dakota...
Quote:I don't know what to say. I saw the topic and had some thoughts about it. Then I saw that you were a Mod, not an Admin. What kind of [BAD WORD REMOVED] policy lets one of the oldest Mods not be an Admin?

One of the oldest? I'm only 42.

Actually, I'm by far the longest standing mod considering I'm the only remaining original mod.

Quote:One of the oldest? I'm only 42.

Actually, I'm by far the longest standing mod considering I'm the only remaining original mod.
That was what I was referring to.

However, I won't derail things over my random thoughts.

Carry on. Smile
I miss dav. He was the ultimate mod. ...although FBT has been giving him a run for his money.

Quote:Actually what happened was Mike Peterson said something in the locker room that upset JDR. That was the beginning of the end of Mike Peterson's time as a Jaguar.

Wasn't that also the game where John Henderson and Andrew Whitworth were ejected for fighting in the second half?

Hmm...I don't recall the fight.

Quote:Hmm...I don't recall the fight.

Henderson put a hand in Whitworth's face mask and Whitworth retailiated.
Something else I want revenge for is getting blown out or statistically dominated the day Fred Taylor was honored at halftime. The Bengals did that to us.

Quote:One of the oldest? I'm only 42.

Longest tenured. I've always been in favor of a rotating duty for mods but I guess you have to have a large enough pool of trusted users for that to work.

On the topic at hand, I kinda miss the rivalry with all of our old AFC Central stablemates. We used to sit down a few seats from some Jags fans who were originally Bengals fans and they would wear Bengals and Jags gear whenever Cincy would come to town. Also have a brother in law who's a Bengals fan so I sure hope we win this one.
I'm honored to be one of the few that has met our "oldest mod" in person out in Portland, OR a few years ago. I also met Dakota but that's a different story from a galaxy long ago.

On topic, I had really wanted to go to this game b/c I love Covington, KY across the river from Paul Brown Stadium...great bars, a revolving restaurant, a bar with open night for musicians, a Kentucky Bourbon only bar and walking distance to the stadium but the airfares were just too much (>400 RT from Boston...it got to be a $1200-1400 weekend and that's too much).

Wait, what was the topic? Revenge. Yes, I want revenge.

That was fun meeting up with you PF.

BTW, our record dating back to that Bengals game is 29-69 (.296).

Quote:That was fun meeting up with you PF.

That's not a record, that's a batting average.

Revenge, sweet sweet revenge...
Quote:That was fun meeting up with you PF.

I think y'all need to figure out a way to lift this curse that y'all two are obviously responsible for.
We need another Portland beer festival.