Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sherrod Martin - 'Starting' Nickel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While Colvin may be an outside possibility here  -   it looks like Martin will take over at nickel - at least in the short term. 

Martin was behind Evans at FS on the depth chart prior to this news. 

Quote: 

<span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@ryanohalloran</span></span>

<div> · <span>3h3 hours ago</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;">With W. Blackmon out, Sherrod Martin said he's moved from back-up to nickel CB. #Jaguars

Colvin is clearly in the plans to get on the field this year, but there's no real rush. 

This should be interesting.   :yes:  I like Martin and think he could be a good rotational guy to have around.  I hope we see him play well when given the chance this week.

Quote:This should be interesting. I like Martin and think he could be a good rotational guy to have around. I hope we see him play well when given the chance this week.

When have you seen Martin play?
Quote:When have you seen Martin play?

Edit. Wrong guy.
I thought he was decent in Carolina.
I hope he can play well at the nickel position considering he has had multiple major knee injuries/surgeries, if I recall correctly.

There is A LOT more cutting and planting, which can take a toll on the knees, in the slot.

Quote:I thought he was decent in Carolina.
Yeah, I share the same thoughts... He was a pretty good player at the FS position as a Panther.
Quote:Edit. Wrong guy.

I was wondering, were you think of Craig Loston?
Quote:I was wondering, were you think of Craig Loston?

I forgot about him. Is he a cornerback or safety?
Quote:I was wondering, were you think of Craig Loston?

Yes I was. I got way off on that one.
Former 2nd round pick.  Hopefully he is an upgrade

Hope he works out...

(after digging around a bit)  Martin played some nickel in his rookie year (2009)  and had 3 INTs and a FF to show for it.  He was known as a speedy player before the ACL injury in 2012. Not sure how much it affected his speed and cutting ability.

He obviously has a tough time bouncing back since he was out of the league in 2013 and couldn't stick with us after camp.