Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas predicting blowout, Jags 12.5 point underdogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so what,i don't care if jags are 1000 point undersdogs. I will be at sports bar cheering them on.

Quote:so what,i don't care if jags are 1000 point undersdogs. I will be at sports bar cheering them on.

So will I wolfie but the outcome doesn't look to be in our favor.
Reminds me of the hunger games.  "May the odds be ever in your favor!"

Now let's just hope Bortles can be on fire for this game.

Wait, a Team that could not score 1 point against a horrible clots defense, is gonna score 12.5 more then us against the NFLs #1 defense the last 3 weeks. Where to i place my bet Banana Banana

Good lord. Jags and the points thank you.
If Bortles eliminates the mistakes and the D plays like it has recently, I'm thinking the Jags win outright.
Quote:If Bortles eliminates the mistakes and the D plays like it has recently, I'm thinking the Jags win outright.
[Image: bush-drunk-gif.gif]
I use CBS Sportsline when I look at the Vegas odds every week.

This week the game opened up with the Bengals favored -13.5 and the over/under at 45.

The latest odds are Bengals -11 and the over/under at 43.5.

What this means in a nutshell is that Vegas thinks that the Bengals will win by at least 11 points, and total points put up between both teams will be around 43.5 points.  In other words, they are expecting a similar game for the Jaguars this week against the Bengals as they had last week against the Dolphins.

Last week I never did post my prediction against the spread, but I would have taken the Jaguars and the points and also bet the under (the over/under number was similar).  I would have lost the bet on the Jaguars but won the over/under bet.

As of today I think that I would tend to lean towards the Jaguars and the points.  The Jaguars will either win outright, or lose by no more than a touchdown.  I think they keep it close and it won't be as high of scoring game so today I would take the under.  I'll either update this thread later this week or post a new thread should there be significant change.

Quote:[Image: bush-drunk-gif.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Quote:[Image: giphy.gif]

Who Dubya?

Duh.
Quote:Who Dubya?

Duh.

Uhhh, and.  Duh.
Quote:[Image: bush-drunk-gif.gif]

Dubya
It will all depend on if Bortles can limit the turnovers.  If he can lower it to just 1 turnover I think we can win.

Does everybody remember when we went to Denver last year, we were 28-point undercats and everyone expected a blowout? Instead we kept it close and Peyton Manning threw a pick six to Poz. The defense was not nearly as good last year and Denver had the highest-scoring offense in NFL history, so the point differential made it feel like a win.

That point spread is highly reliant on Bortles throwing pick-sixes, something that he's done more than any QB this year. 

However, If by some chance he doesn't do that, I honestly don't see the Bengals coming anywhere close to covering that spread.

Not only that, but Dalton is know to fold like a lawn chair when the barbarians are at the gate....and unfortunately for him, the Jags are one of the best at making life for QBs miserable. It's not much better for RBs, either.

Quote:Good lord. Jags and the points thank you.

Yup. Seems like a really bad line.