Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sen'Derrick Marks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Barring injury..... Is there anyway this guy doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year? He's been our best defensive player and is putting up ridiculous numbers. According to most sources he's the second most disruptive DT behind Suh. Hopefully playing for Jacksonville doesn't hurt his chances.
It being fan voted and him being a Jags player will probably mean he doesn't make it.

He probably won't but he should.

Dudes a beast. He should make it. But hes plays for us so.....

Quote:Barring injury..... Is there anyway this guy doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year? He's been our best defensive player and is putting up ridiculous numbers. According to most sources he's the second most disruptive DT behind Suh. Hopefully playing for Jacksonville doesn't hurt his chances.

He's playing at an all pro level, and is as disruptive as the Geno Atkins and Gerald McCoys of the world.
He is the #2 DT out there behind Suh. I honestly sometimes wish it went by stats instead of votes or nfl votes on it. Maybe they can set up a system where fans can vote and they can figure out how to still get the best players that didn't get voted out there. 

If Poz could make it, Marks should too. I can't think of a DT in the AFC that is as disruptive as Marks has been. And his renewed contract is ridiculously cheap. Easily my favorite player on defense.
He's the second most disruptive DT with SUH being first. He's making huge negative plays... Tackles in backfield sacks QB pressures.

Marks needs to be in pro bowl.. I think he will get his reconization. Every team that has played us has said our d line is for real
I'm sure he'll get in.  Even playing for Jacksonville, he's going to get votes.

During the game, Steve and Steve said Marks is in the top 2 or 3 dt in the league
The only reason Marks would not get in is the stupid fan voting system that allows the players on more popular teams to get a lot more votes. Same thing happened to Josh Scobee four years ago. A kicker who scored from 59 years out and was nearly perfect all year deserves it a lot more than Billy Cundiff.  But no, just because he is a Jaguar Cundiff went to the Pro Bowl instead.

As a defensive tackle, Senderrick Marks has a much better chance of getting in than Scobee did. But Paul Posluszny got in as an alternate last year and MJD got in as a backup when  he led the NFL in rushing. The only time Fred Taylor went there he was an alternate. So I am afraid the anti-Jaguars bias will strike again and Marks needs another player's injury to go there even though statistically he is the best defensive tackle in the AFC.

What's great is Marks is only 27, only a year older than Gerald McCoy. We could get another 5 seasons from him.

The only way he would make it via fan voting is if the Jags make it into at least the second round of playoffs the year before. But then they need to keep playing well the following year.

We know he should make it. Stats show he should make it. Unfortunately the fans outside of the jagaurs don't know. They will always choose the popular players.
Fan votes are only one third of the total. Players and coaches votes will outweigh most non-deserving players that fans BOT voted in. At least that 's the theory. Marks will get in if he stays healthy and continues to play at his current level.

Quote:Fan votes are only one third of the total. Players and coaches votes will outweigh most non-deserving players that fans BOT voted in. At least that 's the theory. Marks will get in if he stays healthy and continues to play at his current level.

It is supposed to be that way, but every year some players are snubbed while others who don't deserve it get in. So I think the NFL puts more emphasis on the fan votes.
The problem is in voting starts halfway through the season, so a lot of voting is based on just half a season of play.

Quote:The problem is in voting starts halfway through the season, so a lot of voting is based on just half a season of play.

So when should they start voting?
Same thing happened to Josh Scobee four years ago. A kicker who scored from 59 years out and was nearly perfect all year deserves it a lot more than Billy Cundiff. But no, just because he is a Jaguar Cundiff went to the Pro Bowl instead.

.[/quote]

God, I forgot how good Scobee was 4 years ago. 59years out is just ridiculous range.
Quote:Barring injury..... Is there anyway this guy doesn't make the Pro Bowl this year? He's been our best defensive player and is putting up ridiculous numbers. According to most sources he's the second most disruptive DT behind Suh. Hopefully playing for Jacksonville doesn't hurt his chances.

He plays for us.  He isn't going to the probowl.
Quote:So when should they start voting?

After Week 1
Pages: 1 2 3