Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's A Wonderful Time Of The Year For A Sports Nut!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
College and NFL Football is in full swing. NHL just getting underway. NBA starting today. College basketball too is right around the corner. MLS playoffs starting tomorrow. USMNT has couple more friendlies coming up with Colombia and Ireland. High school football playoffs around the corner. High school wrestling starts in about three weeks, and my son's football team in the playoffs this weekend!

Great time for a sports nut.

Agree 100%.  The weather starts getting really nice so you can enjoy the outdoor games. 

And NCAA Basketball is right aound the corner.

What does it say about the state of Major League Baseball in these times when USMNT friendlies are mentioned but not game 6 of the World Series. It has become a strong regional sport with perhaps 1, maybe 2 teams drawing interest nationally.

Quote:What does it say about the state of Major League Baseball in these times when USMNT friendlies are mentioned but not game 6 of the World Series. It has become a strong regional sport with perhaps 1, maybe 2 teams drawing interest nationally.
Question: Who will win this year's World Series?

Answer: MLS and the NFL as MLB will continue their slide into ratings obscurity. 
Quote:What does it say about the state of Major League Baseball in these times when USMNT friendlies are mentioned but not game 6 of the World Series. It has become a strong regional sport with perhaps 1, maybe 2 teams drawing interest nationally.
Unless the Pirates are in it, I couldn't care less. No interest whatsoever.

Quote:Unless the Pirates are in it, I couldn't care less. No interest whatsoever.

Exactly my point. These days, there are fewer fans of baseball, just fans of teams.
I'll be mixing my 1st vodka & lemonade at 6:30pm in anticipation of the Magic game at 8pm.

I failed leaving out college basketball. Error has been rectified.

I love this time of year and it's because of the baseball playoffs and NFL and NCAA football.  If they were playing an NBA game in my driveway I would draw the curtains. If they were playing a game of soccer in my yard I'd turn on reruns of Gilligan's Island.

The only reason the ratings are down is because of the smaller markets playing, because baseball itself had it's 7th highest attendance in history.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:I failed leaving out college basketball. Error has been rectified.

That's a sport that I can't get into until tournament time. Same with NHL and NBA, I don't get interested until their playoffs.
Quote:That's a sport that I can't get into until tournament time. Same with NHL and NBA, I don't get interested until their playoffs.

Same here.   If the regular seasons in these sports had more meaning,   I would have much more interest before playoff time.
Quote:I love this time of year and it's because of the baseball playoffs and NFL and NCAA football.  If they were playing an NBA game in my driveway I would draw the curtains. If they were playing a game of soccer in my yard I'd turn on reruns of Gilligan's Island.

The only reason the ratings are down is because of the smaller markets playing, because baseball itself had it's 7th highest attendance in history.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

While I agree that Kansas City is a small market,   San Francisco is a relatively large market.  

I think what has hurt MLB as much as anything is the length of the games.   Until that changes,  the ratings are probably going to suffer much more often than not.