Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2015 free agents?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think we target?  I am hoping we target Julius Thomas and either Suh or Fairley (if available)

Find the 10 other threads on the same subject

One of denvers thomas' will hit free agency I think and I hope we get him. Suh or fairly would also be awesome. I'm also really hoping for mccourty but dont think he'll hit the market
Kawhi Leonard -- Spurs

.... sorry, I've been watching too many NBA previews yesterday.

Anyone that comes off a team that is blocking or catching for Peyton Manning are Peyton Manning made players meaning they are only good with Peyton Manning. Demarius Thomas seems like he would be a great WR with any team with average QB play but we don't need WR right now. I think we look at KJ Wright OLB from Seahawks and Mccourty FS from Patriots and add someone like SUH only if he comes at a good deal no way I would pay 18-20 mill per year. Also add Iupati the pro bowl guard from 49ers to replace Beadles

Quote:One of denvers thomas' will hit free agency I think and I hope we get him. Suh or fairly would also be awesome. I'm also really hoping for mccourty but dont think he'll hit the market

Now obviously Demaryus is more talented than all Jags WR's, but I would NOT spend the money it would take to get him. The Jags have a fine WR core that will get better if Blackmon comes back next season. No need to spend money on it when there are other huge needs.

The team needs to make the O-Line better. I don't care if they spend all of the cap space on O-Line help. That alone will help this team tremendously. If the O-Line is solidified, I could see the Jags offense taking off. Dennard and Allen Robinson are special talents. Blackmon is very good. Shorts is good when healthy, Lee and Hurns could be good deep threats.

I still don't think Caldwell spends money this offseason. We shall see.
Quote:Who do you think we target?  I am hoping we target Julius Thomas and either Suh or Fairley (if available)
My buddy who is a die hard Detroit fan seems to think they will NOT be paying Suh.

His basis was rumors that they weren't interested in general and then the contract McCoy just got.
I will take Jermaine Gresham as he doesn't get his stats from Peyton Manning. Plus Jermaine is currently 2nd on the Bengals depth chart as they have Tyler Eifert.

I want Suh, but the more I think about it, the worse it would be for the jags. I feel with his contract, Marks would not like it, as there would be a huge difference in price. Then Marks might not perform as well. But it would also give the jags more recognition as a team. Yes I know they are adults, but feelings are still there, which could end up being a locker room distraction.
Quote:I will take Jermaine Gresham as he doesn't get his stats from Peyton Manning. Plus Jermaine is currently 2nd on the Bengals depth chart as they have Tyler Eifert.

I want Suh, but the more I think about it, the worse it would be for the jags. I feel with his contract, Marks would not like it, as there would be a huge difference in price. Then Marks might not perform as well. But it would also give the jags more recognition as a team. Yes I know they are adults, but feelings are still there, which could end up being a locker room distraction.
I agree the team chemistry drops especially the DL
Not trying to hate but wr/dl are not even close to a need
Marks is better than suh anyway
Quote:Marks is better than suh anyway

Lol
Quote:Now obviously Demaryus is more talented than all Jags WR's, but I would NOT spend the money it would take to get him. The Jags have a fine WR core that will get better if Blackmon comes back next season. No need to spend money on it when there are other huge needs.

The team needs to make the O-Line better. I don't care if they spend all of the cap space on O-Line help. That alone will help this team tremendously. If the O-Line is solidified, I could see the Jags offense taking off. Dennard and Allen Robinson are special talents. Blackmon is very good. Shorts is good when healthy, Lee and Hurns could be good deep threats.

I still don't think Caldwell spends money this offseason. We shall see.

Blackmons not coming back. Shorts is overrated. Arob is the only one who has shown real promise. If we could get a proven stud veteran in demaryius itd help out bortles tremendously
Quote:Blackmons not coming back. Shorts is overrated. Arob is the only one who has shown real promise. If we could get a proven stud veteran in demaryius itd help out bortles tremendously
You don't know and I don't know if he is ever coming back. All we know is he is halfway through rehab and still part of this organization. If anything we should all hope he gets better and can come back next season playing at the potential we all thought he had. 
J Thomas is a beast with Peyton, I just dont believe he will be with Bortles, I mean maybe? but idk... I think he will want too much money and I'm scared he wont be the same.

Pats wont let Mccourty go but if for some reason they do I'd say spend some money on him tho.

I would like to see Gresham here.

McCourty isn't going to leave NE, BB loves him and he is very active in the community and a local fav.

Who will be tagged? Pretty hard to shop when you don't know what will be on the market.

Quote:Anyone that comes off a team that is blocking or catching for Peyton Manning are Peyton Manning made players meaning they are only good with Peyton Manning. Demarius Thomas seems like he would be a great WR with any team with average QB play but we don't need WR right now.
I think we look at KJ Wright OLB from Seahawks and Mccourty FS from Patriots and add someone like SUH only if he comes at a good deal no way I would pay 18-20 mill per year. Also add Iupati the pro bowl guard from 49ers to replace Beadles
I don't agree with this. Right now it looks like we have a bunch of complementary recievers with no one who is truly 'the guy.' And I wouldn't assume that these players will automatically take a big leap next year. Don't get me wrong, we have a lot of decent/good recievers, but if offered the chance at someone elite like Thomas, I wouldn't be happy if we passed him up.