Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Time to give Babich some credit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know what happened after the Chargers game. But whatever it was, it is working. He's got a defense out there with Late round picks at cornerback and free safety. Street free agent at middle linebacker. The last few weeks, he's been able to identify the weaknesses of the opponent and exploit it. The shut down a potent Cleveland running game. Limited Ben and the Steelers to 10 points. Overall the defense has only given up three touchdowns the last four weeks. 

I will be interested to see what they are able to do against the hottest running back in the league in two weeks.

Absolutely !!   Doing it through injuries and everything.   Bringing the capital D back in Duval.

But...but....but.....he's never been successful!

Seriously.  Considering how the defense has progressed this year, he deserves quite a bit of credit. 

I can hear it now...

"He's just running Gus' defense"
Considering the turnstile we've had at rotating through players im highly impressed over the past few weeks.
He's done well. We knew the talent was there. Seems like it just took a few weeks for it to click and everyone to get on the same page.

I never thought babich was at fault or should be a scapegoat but I can't say the same about fisch.

Interesting to see how the D holds up the next few games.
Quote:I can hear it now...

"He's just running Gus' defense"

Well then he needs to run Gus' offense too.
Babich has really helped turned this defense around. Credit where credit is due, lets hope he keeps up the good work. 

Quote:He's done well. We knew the talent was there. Seems like it just took a few weeks for it to click and everyone to get on the same page.

I never thought babich was at fault or should be a scapegoat but I can't say the same about fisch.

I can't understand that sentiment, Babich had an infusion of experienced talent in the offseason, Fisch was handed a bunch of college kids. You should expect the D to be more successful and that was the pre-season sentiment. Now we've got people all over Fisch when he is actually more behind the 8 ball than any of the other units on this team. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Ive given Poz a hard time this season just out of frustration, so I apologize to him, still one of my favorite players, but I was very surprised with how our run defense did without him. Seems like our D line deserves much of the credit. Miller and Bryant must be doing their job of drawing multiple lineman and allowing our backers to make plays. Lamar Miller had one pretty good run and it seemed like it was only due to Cyp taking a very poor angle after he got about 7 yards. I thought Wallace was going to burn us all day. Here's hoping we can slow down Bernard, Sanu, and a big toe aching Green this nrxt game. I
Yeah definitely Babich deserves some credit. Also as regards to hating on Fisch, our offense is doing well, we're moving the chains fantastically, it's just whenever we get in the redzone Bortles seems to throw a pick, now Im not hating on Bortles I understand he's a rookie and I understand it's going to happen, but at the same time that's not really Fisch's fault is it?

Put it like this, our D has balled last 2 games everyone agrees.

But our offense last 2 games has had a a QB turned WR turned RB hit 2 consecutive 100 yard games behind a not great Oline.

A second round wide receiver Robinson has balled hard, he's getting good YAC he's strong, great hands great at holding onto the ball.

Bortles, last week excluded has looked good all year he just seriously needs to start controlling his picks, theres times when I want us to kick on Second Down in the red zone because I know what's coming.

Once Bortles comes together, which I have all the faith in the world he will, Fisch will be getting the credit he's due.