Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Linder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's nice to see some positives.  Hopefully, we can count on Linder to hold down the RG position for a while.  That'll be one less position of need at the top of our draft board.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...rs-week-8/

:yes:

Quietly going about his job.

Nice write up on him.....and pretty much on point about the game.

kinda sad to see this on the same page:  "Cyprien 51st out of 63 qualifying safeties in tackling efficiency against the pass"

Linder and Bowanko were solid picks for Dave!!

It's funny that when we got Beadles, we thought the left side of the line would be solid but it's actually been the Center position and the right side that has improved the most.

Beadles has steadily improved as the line has started to gel. 

Linder and Bowanko have tightened up the middle of the line for sure. 

Quote:Beadles has steadily improved as the line has started to gel.

Linder and Bowanko have tightened up the middle of the line for sure.

Without going g back and studying the game, I though Beadles played quite well yesterday. Particularly in the run game where it seemed Robinson was running for 8 yards every time he ran to the left.
Quote:It's funny that when we got Beadles, we thought the left side of the line would be solid but it's actually been the Center position and the right side that has improved the most.

Agreed...I'm not sold at all on Beadles or Joeckel.
Quote:kinda sad to see this on the same page:  "Cyprien 51st out of 63 qualifying safeties in tackling efficiency against the pass"

Yea and after getting beat in a footrace with Tannehill yesterday.

I like the guy but he hasn't flashed.  I hope he hasn't topped out because he isn't great in coverage and is OK in run support.
Linder should get pro bowl consideration.
Quote:Yea and after getting beat in a footrace with Tannehill yesterday.

I like the guy but he hasn't flashed. I hope he hasn't topped out because he isn't great in coverage and is OK in run support.

Not great in coverage yet he shut down Jordan Cameron, Antonio Gates, Charles Clay and Heath Miller.

Interesting.
Quote:Not great in coverage yet he shut down Jordan Cameron, Antonio Gates, Charles Clay and Heath Miller.

Interesting.

And the game Cyprien missed Niles Paul dropped 8 catches for 99 yards on the defense. That Cyp though...
Cyprien would make a hell of a LB
Quote:And the game Cyprien missed Niles Paul dropped 8 catches for 99 yards on the defense. That Cyp though...

It's funny. He's not great in coverage but has shut down some of the better tight ends in the league.
Quote:Without going g back and studying the game, I though Beadles played quite well yesterday. Particularly in the run game where it seemed Robinson was running for 8 yards every time he ran to the left.

The interior of the line looks to be getting it together in the run blocking. They were gashing a pretty good Dolphins front 7 and that's good to see. Tougher test this week though.
Brandon is currently playing at an all pro level, that's crazy considering he's a rookie taken in the 3rd round, and excellent find by Dave.

Quote:Brandon is currently playing at an all pro level, that's crazy considering he's a rookie taken in the 3rd round, and excellent find by Dave.
He was considered a reach at the time, too. Atleast we have a building block on the OL. He and Bowanko have played pretty well
Quote:He was considered a reach at the time, too. Atleast we have a building block on the OL. He and Bowanko have played pretty well

Dave is proving to be a great talent evaluator, if you can hit homeruns in round 3-7 it makes the building process a lot easier, Brandon Linder was a find but let's also give DC credit for a guy like Demetrius McCray.
Quote:Dave is proving to be a great talent evaluator, if you can hit homeruns in round 3-7 it makes the building process a lot easier, Brandon Linder was a find but let's also give DC credit for a guy like Demetrius McCray.
As well as Telvin. Chris Smith hasn't had much of an opportunity, but he showed great jump off the snap in preseason. I think he has the tools that can be developed into a good rotational player. Evans has played decent this year. I like how well he has drafted so far, and has hit on about half of his free agent signings. Which is to be expected.
Pages: 1 2