Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is this the year we finally use some real cap money?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've heard all the cliche's before: "how'd it work out for washington" "build through the draft" "lets not overpay" etc etc

This team is currently #1 in unused cap this year and was #2 last year.  It's inexcuseable how raw and young this team is this year.  Building through the draft is a great idea but you can supplement with spending some real money in free agency as well.  This team is in desperate need of some veteran leadership.

Another fact is this team will have to overpay to get some good talent here.  Jacksonville is a joke of a franchise and vets don't want to come here unless they are getting highly compensated.  Just think if you were a vet with talent would you want to come to a team that hasn't sniffed the playoffs since 2007?  I sure wouldn't unless they pay me higher than the market.

The last time we used a ton of cap we did get into cap trouble but also took us to 2 afc championship games in 4 years.  I would take that all day versus stinking all the time.  

We hope these rookies will pan out and develop into real players.  In the mean time why hang onto so much cap money when we clearly lacking in veteran leadership and playmakers?  Does not make any sense.

Didn't you already start a thread just like this? Why do you keep posting spam?
If you think they should just throw money at anyone available, I'm certainly willing to sign. I may be a little older than the team average but I can certainly watch game tape and stay hydrated as well as anyone.

Hopefully you understand the point.
I don't even know what to say.  It's always been the plan to spend more money in 2015.  We've been talking about this since 2012.

Quote:Didn't you already start a thread just like this? Why do you keep posting spam?

I think he starts the same thread every week
Who are some candidates to get this offseason?

Quote:Who are some candidates to get this offseason?

2015 Free Agents: 

http://nfltraderumors.co/2015-nfl-free-agents-list/
Quote:2015 Free Agents: 
http://nfltraderumors.co/2015-nfl-free-agents-list/

Colin Kaepernick?  that list is severely outdated

plus most of those "notable" guys will be resigned

Quote:Colin Kaepernick?  that list is severely outdated

plus most of those "notable" guys will be resigned

According to that list, we are also currently playing Geno Hayes (listed as a CB there) and Alan Ball (apparently he's a safety) out of position.  :yucky:
I do agree with this. I thought the Jags should have spent more money this offseason. What was the point in having so much cap space entering the season? The closest team has $6.7 million less space than the Jags. $28.7 million in cap space just left on the table. At least sign a few more guys and try to make this team semi-competitive.

The team is starting to look better so I hope the Jags spend money this offseason.

We would have spent more had we gotten the WR that ended up going to Denver (can't recall the name) and Alex Mack. Why does everyone make statements that are baseless?

Quote:We would have spent more had we gotten the WR that ended up going to Denver (can't recall the name) and Alex Mack. Why does everyone make statements that are baseless?

His name is emmanuel sanders. Haha
Quote:Who are some candidates to get this offseason?

How about we resign some players first. How about we resign Alan Ball, Austin Pasztor, and looking into 2016 free agency, Abry Jones, Josh Scobee, and LaRoy Reynolds. Yes Josh Scobee is on this list as he is a reliable kicker that has good power. I am not putting his blocked kicks this year against him as he doesn't block. Also Roy Miller can be resigned if we don't want to target Suh in the free agency.

We will have plenty of room for others now.

Positions to target: DT and TE.

You could put MLB on the target list, but it would be hard to replace with a young player.
Quote:His name is emmanuel sanders. Haha
Thanks. I couldn't for the life of me remember and I know he's a BA.
Quote:We would have spent more had we gotten the WR that ended up going to Denver (can't recall the name) and Alex Mack. Why does everyone make statements that are baseless?
Because this board is overrun by mental little people. 
Quote:Because this board is overrun by mental little people. 

you mean Earth is overrun....

Next year the Jags spend big then..........afterwards.......the MB reacts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEaPTkc3VxA

yup

this year is the year, regardless of bortles issues this year he is qb caldwell has thrown his hat (and really his career in jacksonville) behind and so we need to build around him

sadly this is a fairly poor free agency class and most of the top guys will be resigned no trouble so I don't think there will be too much to splash the cash on

the person i would really like to see us sign is devin mccourty but there is no way new england don't renew his contract,

he has the speed to play sideline to sideline and can cover in the open field. He would be perfect for our defensive scheme and let cyp become a true strong safety

We have to.  I believe next year is the last year to average 89%, correct?  We'll have to spend into our rollover cap space by league rules if I'm not mistaken.

As opposed to Monopoly money?

Pages: 1 2