Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: D-Rob a feature back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
D-Rob is showing us that he can play RB in the NFL.  He is running hard between the tackles and making people miss.  Even on short yardage runs he is falling forward.  People forget he is still learning the position....  Look for this guy to continue to get better! 

He looks good, I remember one play where I believe he had a toss a good 5 yards behind LoS with a defender right on him and he managed to somehow get a 2 yard game, plays like that are massive.
Quote:He looks good, I remember one play where I believe he had a toss a good 5 yards behind LoS with a defender right on him and he managed to somehow get a 2 yard game, plays like that are massive.

And he isn't avoiding contact either, that's always been a problem for these QB to RB guys, they never learn to take the hit and keep going.
2x 100 yard games gives me a ton more confidence in him being the #1 back than I had at the beginning of the season. However, Im more interested to see what happens when teams start game planning him as a threat.

Im noticing a pattern with players on this team that once they are "targeted" by opposing coaches. They "Disappear" or fall flat. Allen Hurns, Toby Gerhart, and now Blake Bortles are all victims of this.

He follows blocks well and doesn't just run to the first stretch of open grass he sees. That patience in letting blocks develop shows a natural instinct that few QB to RB (or WR) transitions enjoy. I look forward to watching him develop.

Quote:He looks good, I remember one play where I believe he had a toss a good 5 yards behind LoS with a defender right on him and he managed to somehow get a 2 yard game, plays like that are massive.
that was the first play, I was very impressed how he got those yards back. Gerhart would have been tackled for -6 yd loss
lastonealive: "Can he even pass block?"

He has been great the last couple games. I would like to see him used more in the passing game.
DRob and the D were the 2 biggest positives from Sunday's game.

Back to back 100 yd rushing games by a Jags RB.

How many times did that happen last year?

Quote:DRob and the D were the 2 biggest positives from Sunday's game.

Back to back 100 yd rushing games by a Jags RB.

How many times did that happen last year?

None.

Last back to back 100 yard rusher was MJD in 2011.
Denard has been impressive. I think the most impressive thing I saw yesterday is he runs so tough. I wasn't expecting that to ever happen for Denard. I don't remember him ever going down on the first hit
Quote:that was the first play, I was very impressed how he got those yards back. Gerhart would have been tackled for -6 yd loss

Yeah he would of as fls said aswel for a relatively small guy he can shrug of a hit.
He's starting to look more and more like an NFL back.  He's being elusive, and he's willing to drop his shoulders and power through tackles when there's nothing there.  Things are starting to click for him.

I still wonder how long he can last getting 20 or so touches a game, but he's already exceeded what I thought he can be running between the tackles.

Seems like at the very least he is gonna be a very good COP RB.

Quote:He's starting to look more and more like an NFL back.  He's being elusive, and he's willing to drop his shoulders and power through tackles when there's nothing there.  Things are starting to click for him.

he has shown more power than Toby Gerhart, which is a good and bad thing
Toby is either still not healthy or he is just flat out slow.  He might be a "healthy" scratch Sunday in favor of Storm.

Where are the people who wanted to fire Dave for this "wasted" pick?

Quote:None.

Last back to back 100 yard rusher was MJD in 2011.

Wow, last back to back 100 yd rusher was way back in 2011?

That is just sad.

Until the Jags beat the (3-2) Browns last Sunday, they hadn't beaten a team by 2 scores since 12/11/ 2011, or a team with a winning record since 10/24/2011.

Beating the Browns also snapped a streak of 18 straight losses in Sept/Oct, just missing the record of 20 straight by the Bengals. The last win in Sept/Oct for the Jags was 9/23/2012, when Gabbert beat Luck.

At least with BB in there at QB, the Jags are breaking losing streaks that have been standing since 2011 and 2012.