Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jedd Fisch Isn't Helping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Jimmies and Joes not x's and o's.  I believe that with every fiber of my being.  That being said, you have to have basic schematic design for certain concepts to be effective.  Ultimately Blake is responsible for letting the ball go, but go back and look at the first pick six.  Nick Jacobs is literally 4 yards away from cecil shorts.  That's horrible spacing.  The second pick six you're trying to run a double move to a 15 yard comeback against a corner who isn't afraid of shorts getting by him.  He never takes his eyes off the QB and exploded to the ball.  It was negated by a penalty but there was one sack where we lined up in an empty set after joeckel had gone out of the game with a rookie backup left tackle and the guy who just blocked a friggin field goal lined up across from him and Blake predictably got killed after wells got worked like a part time Job.  Another sack on a zone dog delayed blitz were running a two man route out of I formation, no hot route, no identification.  This offensive scheme isn't keeping anyone up at night.  At this point every cornerback who plays us knows that we put ourselves voluntarily in a 15 yard box that we will not escape. 

Clay Harbor showed that he can run away from safeties.  We are going out of our way to make sure that he doesn't threaten the seam of the defense.  Allen Hurns has shown repeatedly that he can get on top of defenders, we have him running three yard drag routes.  Denard Robinson can't be covered one on one buy a linebacker in this league and I haven't seen him split out and used effectively in the passing game yet. 

Allen Robinson is big, physical and will go get the football.  Quick, how many fade routes have we seen in the red zone to him?  What about developing report on the backshoulder?  Peyton Manning is going to the hall of fame because every time he was in the red zone he threw the same exact route to reggie wayne who did the same exact toe drag and had the same little rubber pelots fly up while I threw my lunch back up.  We find players that actually have defined skill sets and we have an offensive coordinator that tries his best to make sure that we don't let them do it.  Because obviously its not about the skills the guys have, it's about "11 personell twins right ace lucky 47 deuce turbo barrel clear on two instead of throwing it to the 6-3 guy when  he's one on one with the 5-10 guy"

It reminds me of having matt jones the softy fast guy running slants and reggie Williams the average speed tough guy with no ball skills running deep. 

Quote:Jimmies and Joes not x's and o's.  I believe that with every fiber of my being.  That being said, you have to have basic schematic design for certain concepts to be effective.  Ultimately Blake is responsible for letting the ball go, but go back and look at the first pick six.  Nick Jacobs is literally 4 yards away from cecil shorts.  That's horrible spacing.  The second pick six you're trying to run a double move to a 15 yard comeback against a corner who isn't afraid of shorts getting by him.  He never takes his eyes off the QB and exploded to the ball.  It was negated by a penalty but there was one sack where we lined up in an empty set after joeckel had gone out of the game with a rookie backup left tackle and the guy who just blocked a friggin field goal lined up across from him and Blake predictably got killed after wells got worked like a part time Job.  Another sack on a zone dog delayed blitz were running a two man route out of I formation, no hot route, no identification.  This offensive scheme isn't keeping anyone up at night.  At this point every cornerback who plays us knows that we put ourselves voluntarily in a 15 yard box that we will not escape. 

Clay Harbor showed that he can run away from safeties.  We are going out of our way to make sure that he doesn't threaten the seam of the defense.  Allen Hurns has shown repeatedly that he can get on top of defenders, we have him running three yard drag routes.  Denard Robinson can't be covered one on one buy a linebacker in this league and I haven't seen him split out and used effectively in the passing game yet. 

Allen Robinson is big, physical and will go get the football.  Quick, how many fade routes have we seen in the red zone to himWhat about developing report on the backshoulder?  Peyton Manning is going to the hall of fame because every time he was in the red zone he threw the same exact route to reggie wayne who did the same exact toe drag and had the same little rubber pelots fly up while I threw my lunch back up.  We find players that actually have defined skill sets and we have an offensive coordinator that tries his best to make sure that we don't let them do it.  Because obviously its not about the skills the guys have, it's about "11 personell twins right ace lucky 47 deuce turbo barrel clear on two instead of throwing it to the 6-3 guy when  he's one on one with the 5-10 guy"

It reminds me of having matt jones the softy fast guy running slants and reggie Williams the average speed tough guy with no ball skills running deep. 
I do not deny that s horrible spacing, but how can you determine whether that was by poor play design or poor route running?  After all. Jacobs hasn't been with the team that long.

As the the second point in bold, how do you know there was no hot route available for that play?  How do you know the QBs and receivers didn't miss the read?

Regarding point three, Robinson hasn't exactly established himself as a great receiver out of the backfield.  He would be a match up nightmare for most LBs, but if the coaches aren't sure or confident he'll catch the ball, they would be less likely to employ him in such a fashion, and understandably so.

Four, the team isn't in the red zone often enough to do a lot of things very often, including fades.  Keep in mind, a lot of those fades are like those deep jump ball passes earlier in the year that Robinson didn't win, either.  Finally on this point, Bortles has hit Robinson on back shoulder fades on several instances, including early in the game.
Fisch isn't the one throwing the ints
Fisch needs to adapt... his offense wasn't scaring anyone in college either. Sometimes it is x's and o's. We don't seem to attack the flats or get matchups with our TE or RB against the LBS... like every other NFL team.

The only reason this offense is moving the ball is because of Blake's pocket mobility and his ability to extend the play.
JF, "Ok Blake, on this play you're going to fake a screen left, then fake a screen right, then actually throw a middle screen". BB, "But if I'm faking left then right won't that mean that the defense will be in the middle?" JF, "Just run it, it's all I got".
Fisch will be everybody's sacrificial lamb this offseason. I don't think he is nearly the problem that a lot of people do. He's just a convenient target.

Quote:Fisch will be everybody's sacrificial lamb this offseason. I don't think he is nearly the problem that a lot of people do. He's just a convenient target.
Agreed completely.
Quote:Fisch will be everybody's sacrificial lamb this offseason. I don't think he is nearly the problem that a lot of people do. He's just a convenient target.

Hope this doesn't start the JDR carousel of assistant coaching fires.

JF was a big part of the problem last year.
The Jaguars had over 220 yards of offense in the first half and on the field they had a rookie quarterback, a second year converted quarterback at running back, three rookie receivers, a waiver wire tight end, an UDFA rookie at left tackle, rookies at center and right guard and a waiver wire right tackle.

But yeah...fire Fisch.

Quote:The Jaguars had over 220 yards of offense in the first half and on the field they had a rookie quarterback, a second year converted quarterback at running back, three rookie receivers, a waiver wire tight end, an UDFA rookie at left tackle, rookies at center and right guard and a waiver wire right tackle.

But yeah...fire Fisch.

I agree......fire Fisch!
Quote:JF, "Ok Blake, on this play you're going to fake a screen left, then fake a screen right, then actually throw a middle screen". BB, "But if I'm faking left then right won't that mean that the defense will be in the middle?" JF, "Just run it, it's all I got".

So true. That play pretty much made me lose my shnat
Quote:Fisch will be everybody's sacrificial lamb this offseason. I don't think he is nearly the problem that a lot of people do. He's just a convenient target.

Truthy.

If you polled the fans of the good teams, the majority of the fans would want the OC gone.

It's lazy and easy.
Quote:The Jaguars had over 220 yards of offense in the first half and on the field they had a rookie quarterback, a second year converted quarterback at running back, three rookie receivers, a waiver wire tight end, an UDFA rookie at left tackle, rookies at center and right guard and a waiver wire right tackle.

But yeah...fire Fisch.

Again it's isn't hard to see the smart fans from the incompetent fans. This statement will not be understood by most people.
Fisch isn't the problem here, peeps.

Shack Del Rio:  Thank you very much for not actually reading my original post.

Bullseye:

1.) Because I have seen it before in this offense.  Granted, it very well could be that nick Jacobs ran the route short, but he would have had to do it that way through install and walkthroughs all week.  The job of the offensive coordinator is to...  well...  coordinate the offense isn't it?

2.) I have no doubt that there was a missed read.  There are a ton of missed reads.  I rewatched the first half at about 3 am this morning.  I'm watching corner blitzes not being picked upby the receiver or by blake.  Last week you had pressure looks up front and one defender on top of stacked receivers.  Long story short, the defender can only press one of them.  The other receiver by virtue of simple math will be open off the line of scrimmage until carried to the second or third level of the defense if the blitz actually comes.  End result you have Allen Hurns running wide open down the middle of the field and we aren't making the common sense fundamental basic throw to solve the defense.  This has been going on since Chad was at the helm.  I don't know how many times we were facing a loaded box and this genius kept letting the play get run to the side where the safety was in the box.  I'm not asking for rocket science, I am just asking for basic schematic competence. 

3.) This is the kids 24th game as a pro and has had two offseason of work.  For Jed Fisch's Million dollars a year don't tell me its okay if in that time he hasn't taught the kid how to line up outside the numbers and run a @#$^ GO ROUTE!!!  All you hear about is Jeff Lageman Talk about is how hard the kid works and how he has improved dramatically catching the football.  Let the kid go be an athlete.  And Clay Harbor has established himself as a deep threat at TE.  How are we working him in the seems lately? 

4.) They're down there a lot more than you think.  Yes, Robinson did catch one pass that was horribly thrown to his back shoulder in the first quarter.  God knows our offensive philosophy is that if something works stop doing it. 

5.) yes, I understand, the team is young and we have lots of inexperience.  That being said, STOP RUNNING TOBY ON STRETCH PLAYS, always have a deep element in the route tree, when the corner blitzes on medium yardage make the darn sight adjustment and someone please let the offensive weapon be the offensive weapon.  This team has talent, but right now we are seeing a collective regression of that talent in the passing game and I think that is linked to basic flaws in Jedd Fisch's offense.

Quote:I agree......fire Fisch!

I disagree, I prefer my fish smoked with a little hot sauce.
Fisch's playcalling is inviting opposing defenses to sit on routes and wait for interception opportunities. The mass rookie movement on the offense isn't helping Fisch's confidence in long balls. 

Fisch could be keeping our rookies safe by playing safe but is now having a horrible effect on Bortles. Once they work through this however, This team is going to skyrocket.

We only ever have three problems. QB mistakes, O-line mistakes, and secondary blown assignments. Every game atleast one of these pops up and costs us a win. One is on the upswing, One could be covered up, and one is declining.
D Rob was on fire with 100 yards at the half, but of course it makes sense to pull him and put the game in an already struggling Bortles hands being down by the insurmountable 7-3 lead. 

Pages: 1 2