Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley was all kinds of fired up today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seemed like every time the cameras panned to him he was screaming his lungs out. Did anyone else catch that?
Must have read TMD's posts.   Wink

Quote:It seemed like every time the cameras panned to him he was screaming his lungs out. Did anyone else catch that?

Paul Casey is just feeling the pressure. 
Quote:Must have read TMD's posts. Wink

Maybe they really do read the message boards.. Ninja
Quote:Paul Casey is just feeling the pressure. 

Thunder

Thunder

Thunder

ThunderCat

[Image: HomerSimpson.png]
Quote:Must have read TMD's posts. Wink
I've been laughing inside at that idiot all day. I literally doubled my opponents score in FF today with players he bashed pre-draft and FA when I suggested the jags bring them in.

(E sanders, Ty Hilton, Brandin cooks, B LaFell)
The one play, I really can't blame him at all. The call on the field on the Wallace deep ball was out of bounds by the guy right there. Some other ref changed the actual call on the field.
Quote:The one play, I really can't blame him at all. The call on the field on the Wallace deep ball was out of bounds by the guy right there. Some other ref changed the actual call on the field.
why was no red flag thrown for that bogus call
It was a catch. Really surprised he didn't challenge though.
Quote:Why was no red flag thrown for that bogus call?

Because it was not bogus. The call was correct. Gus Bradley thought about challenging and changed his mind after yelling at the official who ruled Mike Wallace was out of bounds.
Quote:It was a catch. Really surprised he didn't challenge though.

Two weeks ago he would have challenged it. Putting the flag back in his pocket demonstrated he learned something about challenging plays at Tennessee.
J-dub is right, he is growing with the team. But it's funny how Bortles throws 2 pick sixes in one game and he is exempt from scrutiny and then Gus Bradley isn't. I love Bortles, but we can't blame Gus for his offense giving up 14 points for the other team
Quote:JW is right; he is growing with the team. But it's funny how Bortles throws 2 pick sixes in one game and he is exempt from scrutiny and then Gus Bradley isn't. I love Bortles, but we can't blame Gus for his offense giving up 14 points for the other team

I don't think Blake Bortles is exempt from scrutiny. The difference is he played in only five games, so we all understand his interceptions are rookie mistakes and are more forgiving. Gus Bradley never coached a whole team before coming to Jacksonville, but got the Jaguars job last year. Impatient fans overestimate how much a head coach learns during his first two seasons.
Well on the Bortles scramble fumble it looked clear as day that Shorts fell on the ball. Then somehow we didn't get it. I know he was yelling at the ref about that because I heard it through his mic.

Quote:Well on the Bortles scramble fumble it looked clear as day that Shorts fell on the ball. Then somehow we didn't get it. I know he was yelling at the ref about that because I heard it through his mic.

I think that was because they didn't even stop to look at it
Quote:It was a catch. Really surprised he didn't challenge though.
Yeah, the commentators said something like "one knee = two feet"

I don't think that makes sense, but whatever.
Quote:Yeah, the commentators said something like "one knee = two feet"

Has to do with being touched with a knee down, you are down by contact.  Same general idea.  He got a foot and a knee down before he went out of bounds anyway, so it really doesn't matter too much.
Quote:Has to do with being touched with a knee down, you are down by contact. Same general idea. He got a foot and a knee down before he went out of bounds anyway, so it really doesn't matter too much.

Ultimately it probably didn't matter. Even so, I read the rule on completed passes on the NFL site but still can't understand that particular call.
Quote:Well on the Bortles scramble fumble it looked clear as day that Shorts fell on the ball. Then somehow we didn't get it. I know he was yelling at the ref about that because I heard it through his mic.

NFL 101: The ground cannot cause a fumble. So when the ball hit the ground, the play was over and it did not matter what happened next.

Andrew Catalon said former referee Mike Carey told him "one knee equals two feet." That means when the player is down with one knee on green but one foot OOB, it is a catch.

This is why they should teach wide receivers to go to the ground knee-first to avoid this issue.