Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Feel bad about the loss?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Colts lost to the steelers, 51-34

lol

It can always be worse..

We are at least legitimately looking at being playoff contenders next year.  

Bottles needs some weapons on offense (Jimmy Graham is a free agent and there are several high-profile WR's who should hit the free agent market.)

This team is young, but at least we've got some level of talent after years of both free agency and draft busts. 

Quote:Colts lost to the steelers, 51-34

lol

I had a dream once where we were capable of scoring 34 points.
Yeah, we could have and should have won this game...  So I do feel bad. Each pick 6 hurt.  It was even more painful because we were driving the ball and taking it to their D.  We were just the better team!  The Dolphins look pathetic!  They are the clowns of the AFC East.  But they just were better on a few critical plays.

But man, I have a feeling that once BB5 figures it out, we're gonna be a team nobody wants to play.
Quote:I had a dream once where we were capable of scoring 34 points.

As it is dreamt, as thy will be done.   
I'm not saying Bortles' INTs concern me, but I will be concerned if it continues next year. I'm waiting for him to showcase his clutch and march us to championship
Quote:We are at least legitimately looking at being playoff contenders next year.  

Bottles needs some weapons on offense (Jimmy Graham is a free agent and there are several high-profile WR's who should hit the free agent market.)

This team is young, but at least we've got some level of talent after years of both free agency and draft busts. 

That's a bold statement. You think Paul Casey get us there? I don't think so. Hopefully Khan don't waste his time with the cheer leader and cuts ties. It's time to stop messing around and get a legit Head Coach before all the young talent goes to waste. 
Quote:We are at least legitimately looking at being playoff contenders next year.  

Based on what you have seen the last two seasons, what on earth would lead you to believe that this team is a contender for the playoffs next year?

This is the funniest thing ive read today. Thank you,
Not particularly.  I've gotten used to it.  The first few weeks were terrible. But now, it's what I expect.  Seems both sides of the ball can never get going in the same game.  Same goes for rushing/passing game.  I know we're the second worst team in the league.  Once you accept that, you learn not to let the losses hurt.

Quote:Based on what you have seen the last two seasons, what on earth would lead you to believe that this team is a contender for the playoffs next year?

To be fair, I think the nfl was considering expanding the playoffs to 28 teams. We won't make it, of course, but we should contend.
Well, that didn't help at all. The Colts are 5-3 and we are 1-7. Now I feel even worse. Thanks.

Quote:Based on what you have seen the last two seasons, what on earth would lead you to believe that this team is a contender for the playoffs next year?

Alcohol
I'm numb to the losses.
Or the Jets
I don't feel as bad about this loss as I did for the losses when we got dominated and blown out by halftime.  It seems like the team as a whole is progressing really well.   We ran the ball, we stopped the run.  We even stopped the pass.  Offensively, we moved the ball up and down the field.   We would have won this game if not for our rookie QB gift-wrapping two TDs for Miami.  

We actually looked like a better team than Miami.   So yes, the loss hurts, but the improvement is clear.   It looks like, in spite of playing so many rookie and second year players, we actually have the talent to win games, and the young players are progressing.  That is encouraging. 

But I can't say I am not worried about Blake.  Our future, at least for the next few years, is tied to his success or failure.   What's happened the last few games is pretty worrisome.  I know a lot of successful QBs have had rough starts to their careers, but so have all the unsuccessful QBs.   

They're still top of the division. When we lose, we lose, noone else losing makes me feel any better.

This board is hilarious at times, I got flamed last week for saying we would lose to the Dolphins and that people needed to get off the hype wagon.

Unreal expectations..

As much as I like Bradley and think he's a good coach, some of his optimism sometimes I think hurts the team, yes you need to defend your players and need them to like you but sometimes you have to berate them also which Im not sure is actually happening..I genuinly think Bortles is a good qb and will be great but fact of the matter is Bill Belichik would not stand these stupid turnovers, I know he's a rookie and will make mistakes and I accept that, I believe you shouldn't be bothered if someone makes a mistake, but when someone makes a mistake twice, or consistently then it bothers me. It's always the same "Why did he even throw it there"
Yeah, the loss to Miami hurt because it seemed pretty obvious that on that particular Sunday the Jaguars were indeed the better performing team overall. The fumble and the two pick six's by Blake pretty much cost us that game, so I figure Blake's statement, "I'm killing us" isn't unfounded...

Nevertheless, as John O said in his article... 'We all knew there were going to be days like this by starting a rookie quarterback before he was really ready'. The team is, overall, playing better now than it did the first several weeks; not that it's translating into wins because we still have the obvious liability of our franchise quarterback going through the painful process of learning his trade at the NFL level. If there were some other way to do this that wouldn't just spell 'tanking the season' for us, I'm sure the coaches would do it; but there isn't. Blake is awesome! We've seen him do amazing stuff that we haven't seen from any of our quarterbacks in a long time. I won't even compare Blake to the guy we traded to the 49's. He's young, very strong and talented... he has the 'right stuff'; but.... he's young, and inexperienced. Other quarterbacks who've become elite also had to go through this awkward period, so Blake isn't unique in what he's going through.

Yeah, there's no other way to put it except to say that it sucks when you realize that had it not been for several glaring errors made by your rookie franchise quarterback we would now probably be 2-6 instead of 1-7. But... that's the price we have to pay as a result of starting BB2 this season. To be fair, we all knew we had no realistic shot at being contenders this season... hell, we would be thrilled this season if we could reach 6-10! But it's just not in the cards for us this season folks.

We will all be much less disgruntled fans if we can just get a grip on the notion that after such a major gutting of our roster and rebuilding with so many rookies... including our quarterback... that it's going to take at the very least a couple of seasons for us to rebound as a franchise and start having a realistic chance to be playoff contenders. That's why people keep coming on here (along with articles from the talking heads...) and pointing at next year (the 3rd year of the rebuild) as the season that there should be tangible evidence of the quality of this team's composition.

All this talk of fire Gus, fire Dave, fire Jedd, Blake is a bust.... that is pure [BAD WORD REMOVED]! Firing any of these people is just what our opposition would like us to do; it would keep us in perennial 'rebuild mode' like other teams who are in the habit of firing their coaches after a couple of tough seasons. It would keep us almost guaranteed 'non-contenders'. The right path now is the tough one... stick to what we've got and let it develop.

Look at it this way; in the worst case scenario, if our present coaches don't work out and we continue to suck next year, we're no worse off than if we were to roll the dice and get new ones who would bring in their offensive and defensive schemes and the team would be back at square one all over again with no guarantee that they will be any better for the change! I don't believe that Dave Caldwell is another Gene Smith so let's have a little faith in his picks. They obviously won't all be winners, but at least I think (as so many have been saying over and over) that we're heading in the 'right direction'. That's more than could be said for this team a few years ago...

And seriously... is anyone really loosing sleep because we're 1-7 instead of 2-6? If we finish the season 2-14 it just means that we'll get another high draft pick which can only help us. With even modestly successful draft picks, we'll eventually have a team to be reckoned with.... 

....sorry about the long post.

Bortles is 22, about to be 23. Those turnovers were painful yesterday, but I still believe in him. He's given me more hope than Gabbert and Leftwich ever did.