Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: hey, remember when people said we shouldnt lose games last season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That a little "winning streak" will carry some momentum going into next (this) season?

So where is that momentum ? *whistle*
First half vs Philly Big Grin

I'm pretty sure they lost games last season. 12 I believe.

So when this team is 1-13, which is a possibility by the way, do most people here want to "tank" for the #1 pick or try to win some meaningless games?
Quote:So when this team is 1-13, which is a possibility by the way, do most people here want to "tank" for the #1 pick or try to win some meaningless games?

This team isn't good enough to tank..
Quote:...meaningless games?
No such thing. Not to the 53 players and dozens of staff whose livelihood depends upon what happens on the field.
Quote:This team isn't good enough to tank..
 But they just might be bad enough to look like they are tanking. That's possible.
Quote: But they just might be bad enough to look like they are tanking. That's possible.

Ain't that the truth..
If they don't have another win within the next four weeks, I dont see any reason why they should win another game for the remaining of the season.
Quote:So when this team is 1-13, which is a possibility by the way, do most people here want to "tank" for the #1 pick or try to win some meaningless games?

Meaningless to whom?
We carried losing momentum into this year because we were on a losing streak at the end of last season. So technically you're wrong and the momentum plan is still intact. We just interrupted it for a quick second last Sunday to shake things up.

Hey guys, remember when people said that if we started winning at the end of last year, the momentum would carry over?

And then remember when we DIDN'T [BAD WORD REMOVED] WIN?

Yeah, I seem to remember that.  

So where is the momentum, you ask?  WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN WIN?

That's like asking "Hey guys, remember when I told you that your package that you didn't order wouldn't come in!  See, I was right lol."

Personally, I hope we competively lose the rest of the season and we see some progression from Bortles.  We still have holes all over the place.  Gimmie that #1 pick and lets trade it to the highest bidder.  An extra round 2 and 3 and maybe and extra 1 or 2 next year is just what this team needs.  I really believe we have the right guy at head coach, but sometimes it's about Johnnys and Joes and not Xs and Os.  Let's get those guys in the next two drafts.

Tanking? What's the point? We already missed out on the great Teddy.

Quote:Tanking? What's the point? We already missed out on the great Teddy.
I'm happy with Bortles, but he's thrown half of the INTs Bortles has thrown, has a 3rd of the fumbles, has taken fewer sacks, has a higher passer rating, and has more wins as a starter than Bortles.
I like how all of the sudden we all act like we had no idea Blake would have rookie struggles.

My thoughts? Keep slinging it, BB? It ain't like he's out there killing our playoff hopes. Keep slinging it, keep learning, keep grinding.

It's better watching you screw up after leading the team on drives than raw ineptitude and 3 and out after 3 and out.

Keep slinging it.
Quote:I'm happy with Bortles, but he's thrown half of the INTs Bortles has thrown, has a 3rd of the fumbles, has taken fewer sacks, has a higher passer rating, and has more wins as a starter than Bortles.

Let's be real teddy hasn't really been lighting it up either.
Quote:Let's be real teddy hasn't really been lighting it up either.
No...but he's outperformed Bortles in several measurable categories.
Quote:I like how all of the sudden we all act like we had no idea Blake would have rookie struggles.

My thoughts? Keep slinging it, BB? It ain't like he's out there killing our playoff hopes. Keep slinging it, keep learning, keep grinding.

It's better watching you screw up after leading the team on drives than raw ineptitude and 3 and out after 3 and out.

Keep slinging it.
Agreed completely.

We all would like to see his interceptions decrease over time, but not because he stops taking chances, but because he makes better choices regarding which chances to take.

That will come with time.

Right now, he's learning what he can and cannot get away with.

That's a good thing.

Quote:No...but he's outperformed Bortles in several measurable categories.

He was the most NFL ready prospect and Bortles was to sit a year
Pages: 1 2 3