Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Lots of positives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bortles had a bad day,

But the rest of the team impressed (again)

Let's list a few of the positives. I believe they far outweigh the negatives today.

The first and most important one was that our patched up defense was impressive. Again ! Marks and Davis got sacks and Tannehill spent the first half going backwards. And Thomas got an interception. The defense gave up less than 20 points. Again !

On top of that DRob had another 100yd game and I think he has conclusively won the argument to be our number one RB.

Allen Robinson also impressed.

I think we have real reason to be pleased, despite the disappointing result

When we were getting blown out early in the season, it was because the whole team played bad. That wasn't the case today.
If the offense can get it together, Allen Robinson could be a star. Dude just gets open.

Quote:If the offense can get it together, Allen Robinson could be a star. Dude just gets open.

I agree, but he had a drive killing drop when Bortles eluded the rush. That would have helped him out.
Quote:I agree, but he had a drive killing drop when Bortles eluded the rush. That would have helped him out.

I think that was his first drop of the season. That first drive, he was open in the end zone and Bortles overthrew him. A sign of what was to come.
Quote:I agree, but he had a drive killing drop when Bortles eluded the rush. That would have helped him out.

That would have been a hard catch. It was slightly overthrown.
Hurns and Robinson are doing a great job. Cecil not so much.

Toby is the same, injury or not.

I am impressed by Bowanko. Except a bad snap, he has been good again today.

Quote:That would have been a hard catch. It was slightly overthrown.

He had another drop that hit him in the chest. That TD drop could be blamed on Bortles for a little bit too much air on it.

Quote:That would have been a hard catch. It was slightly overthrown.

No it wasn't. It hit him in the chest.
Look at it this way, Bortles shows flashes. That's much more than we can really say about Gabbert. We are still seeing glimpses of both why he was drafted #3 overall and why he was intended to sit the whole season. His mechanics get sketchy sometimes. That 3rd and short out route that he missed is a prime example. Bad footwork and he under threw the WR. I don't believe he can get worse, but on the flip side, he can get tremendously better. With Denard appearing to hage figured the RB position and us using Gerhart the right way (3rd and 2-3yds) we are actually watchable. Defense played amazing today, I just hate Bortles made two huge mistakes. Stay positive, Jags Nation, good times look to be on the horizon
Quote:He had another drop that hit him in the chest. That TD drop could be blamed on Bortles for a little bit too much air on it.

I wouldnt even call that a drop. That was him stretching out trying to bring in a bad throw.
Only positives for me is Telvin Smith and Allen Robinson. Caldwell's best two draft picks by far.

Quote:Only positives for me is Telvin Smith and Allen Robinson. Caldwell's best two draft picks by far.

You don't think any of the O-line Rookies were worth the pick?
Quote:Only positives for me is Telvin Smith and Allen Robinson. Caldwell's best two draft picks by far.

There are other draft picks playing well. Demetrius McCray has been playing good for the last month.
Denard is a star in the making, me thinks.

Quote:You don't think any of the O-line Rookies were worth the pick?
They're alright. Not playing on the level of Smith and Robinson right now. A couple of those sacks came from right up the gut today. Better in run blocking.
Quote:No it wasn't. It hit him in the chest.

Not the one in the end zone.
McCray needs to start. The Robinsons are starters. Bowanko and Linder are good. We have a Defensive Line, a big play LB and high draft picks coming. We'll see what develops
Quote:There are other draft picks playing well. Demetrius McCray has been playing good for the last month.
No doubt. I like playmakers and both of them are doing that these days. McCray is shutting his side down pretty decent but needs to make some game changing plays.
Quote:No doubt. I like playmakers and both of them are doing that these days. McCray is shutting his side down pretty decent but needs to make some game changing plays.
McCray gets beat by the perfect throw. I like how he has played since he was put into the line up
Quote:They're alright. Not playing on the level of Smith and Robinson right now. A couple of those sacks came from right up the gut today. Better in run blocking.

How about Robinsons plural? Both Allen and Denard have been good this season. I am not ready to call Smith the best draft pick on defense because Cyprien has done a good job, but think he has a high ceiling.
Pages: 1 2 3