Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts From the Other Side
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You have a good young team with a solid coaching staff.  The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins for the majority of the game, and the only reason Miami wasn't completely blown out is that you are starting a very raw rookie quarterback who absolutely needs more time in the oven.  Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL and you made them look foolish in the first half.   You take away two exceptionally bad throws by a rookie QB, and you probably win that game.  Your defense is excellent and the Dolphins were COMPLETELY outcoached by Bradley and his staff.

I realize that losing stinks, but you guys shouldn't be down on your team today.  Give Bortles time to develop and you'll have a good team.  Scoop up a couple of blue chip talents at #3 and #35 in the draft and you'll be a much better team next season.

I was stunned to see people on this board calling for Bradley's head.  Miami was completely and utterly out-coached in that game.

thanks man
Thanks. Sometimes it's good to hear an unbiased opinion.
The fact that they dominated early and still got blown out is why it is so frustrating to watch.

We are use to losing but whats frustrating is how we play so good and a couple of mistakes that should have been fixed earlier on loses the game for us. We have a good defense that still needs a couple of mission pieces and a offense that has a few missing pieces. We will be alright guys. 

Thank you

When you consider that was a patched up defense and a rookie offense, Inthink we can be very optimistic going forward.
Quote:The fact that they dominated early and still got blown out is why it is so frustrating to watch.

That's what happens when you have a rookie quarterback.  The honest truth is that Miami got lucky.  If the Dolphins don't return BOTH of those interceptions for touchdowns, it's probably 13 to 13 with a minute to play.  The difference in score was two return touchdowns.

I think the big thing is your level of expectations.  You are not going to be a good team this year with Blake Bortles and Chad Henne at QB.  You are going to win only 2-3 games, most likely.  But that's good.  That means you can pick up elite talent in the draft (because even at the top of the 2nd round there is still great talent left on the board) and reload for next year. 

Bradley isn't the problem. He's our head coach of the future. We will have more talent added. We have depth across the board. Better to play these kids now and let them learn then have them come in because vets have sucked then get their lumps.

Our rookies are promising and Gus is great. It's just time for fisch to go. He ruins the game

Can't wait for the future and JB. It's going to be a huge deal

Hope luke is okay he's looked good
Appreciate the perspective

Nice to see an opposing team fan point these out. As long as Bortles improves throughout the season I'm not too worried. If these continue, we'll be in for a long ride.
Always nice to see reasonable fans.  They're often in short supply here.

Hope you guys or the Bills manage to wrangle the division from the Pats.

Quote:You have a good young team with a solid coaching staff.  The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins for the majority of the game, and the only reason Miami wasn't completely blown out is that you are starting a very raw rookie quarterback who absolutely needs more time in the oven.  Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL and you made them look foolish in the first half.   You take away two exceptionally bad throws by a rookie QB, and you probably win that game.  Your defense is excellent and the Dolphins were COMPLETELY outcoached by Bradley and his staff.

I realize that losing stinks, but you guys shouldn't be down on your team today.  Give Bortles time to develop and you'll have a good team.  Scoop up a couple of blue chip talents at #3 and #35 in the draft and you'll be a much better team next season.

I was stunned to see people on this board calling for Bradley's head.  Miami was completely and utterly out-coached in that game.

:thanks:

Something else that impressed me was shutting down Mike Wallace. No catches in the first half! Isn't he normally Ryan Tannehil's favorite target?

It reminded me of Week 1 when we dominated the Eagles only to fall flat at halftime and let them score 34 unanswered points. But today was not as bad because most of Miami's points were off turnovers, not a very tired defense. With three sacks today, I wonder if we passed Buffalo for the lead in that category.

It is great to see a Dolphins fan support the Jaguars because too many of them hate us for dominating Dan Marino's last game.
Quote:The fact that they dominated early and still got blown out is why it is so frustrating to watch.

We were not blown out. Subtract two interceptions and they score only 13 points.
Quote:You have a good young team with a solid coaching staff.  The Jaguars dominated the Dolphins for the majority of the game, and the only reason Miami wasn't completely blown out is that you are starting a very raw rookie quarterback who absolutely needs more time in the oven.  Miami has one of the best defenses in the NFL and you made them look foolish in the first half.   You take away two exceptionally bad throws by a rookie QB, and you probably win that game.  Your defense is excellent and the Dolphins were COMPLETELY outcoached by Bradley and his staff.

Remember that scene from the movie 'Saving Private Ryan' where the nazi soldier is slowly sticking a knife into the Jewish American soldier and saying soothing things to him like 'now, now, it'll be alright. Just relax, and be quiet...'? Well, bear in mind that this is our opposition telling us, 'now, now, it'll be alright'....

.... probably some of the same people who assured us of how respected Gene Smith was as a GM...

Like often happens with a young, talented team.....we blew ourselves out.

Defense was "lights out" and a joy to watch.....the O?....not so much.

lol
Quote: :thanks:

Something else that impressed me was shutting down Mike Wallace. No catches in the first half! Isn't he normally Ryan Tannehil's favorite target?

It reminded me of Week 1 when we dominated the Eagles only to fall flat at halftime and let them score 34 unanswered points. But today was not as bad because most of Miami's points were off turnovers, not a very tired defense. With three sacks today, I wonder if we passed Buffalo for the lead in that category.

It is great to see a Dolphins fan support the Jaguars because too many of them hate us for dominating Dan Marino's last game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support you guys.  I'm being honest.  I'm being polite and respectful because this is your board, but what I posted was absolute honesty. 

As for shutting down Mike Wallace, you guys did get away with a few holds on him that I saw.  That's good defense, though, that's what Bradley learned in Seattle.  You do it when you can get away with it.  More than anything, your defensive line shut down our passing game.  We struggle badly against top notch front-fours because our interior OL is horrible.
Quote:lol

Paul Casey and the Dead Ficsh band.  :teehee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myhnAZFR1po

Nice seeing what people from the outside looking in think.

Quote:Nice seeing what people from the outside looking in think.

That is why I go to one opponent message board every week and copy/paste my favorite posts in a thread about us.
Pages: 1 2