Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Guster's Last Stand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Could today be Bradley's Little Bighorn?

A game in which his defense was dominant in the first half, they ran the ball well and they are getting blown out at home.

I know rookies make mistakes. But it is more than that.

The team had to use a timeout in the first few minutes. That is a disturbing pattern we have seen all year. I still don't think Bradley knows how to use a challenge properly.

They can't block on field goals. That is the third field goal blocked this season (four if you count preseason).

How many illegal formation or shift penalties has the team had? Where to line up is football 101.

I don't think it is all lack of talent. Mostly poor coaching.

How long will Shad Khan sit on his hands?

This would be a win if Bortles didn't toss 2 pick 6's and fumble the ball.

Bradley wasn't a problem today...

The post-game speech last week bought him another year.

Quote:This would be a win if Bortles didn't toss 2 pick 6's and fumble the ball.

It's not about the INT'S and fumble. It's about bad use of timeouts and challenges. Players not lining up in the right place. Not being able to block on a field goal. Simple things we can't get right.
Still have a bunch of rookies starting remember?
With a more-experienced QB, we win this game and decidedly so.

Have to agree... Pancho Villa should be getting out his six guns reeeal soon..

of course... he won't :turned:

With this many rookies starting there will be alot of growing pains
He's not going anywhere
It's gonna be fun to see the local media spend all offseason telling us how great things are to be again.

TAKE THE OVER ON WINS!!!!

Quote:With this many rookies starting there will be alot of growing pains

I forgot this is there first time playing football... people need to realize in today's NFL there's no time for Growing pains amymore... More and more players are being drafted and signed to contribute right now, there's no time and excuses for under performance year in and year out. Stop with all the excuses we've been hearing for the past few years it's old now...
+ 1 ^

I didnt feel like Gus was bad this week. Not like he has been.

Gus is reminding me of Bret Bielema at Arkansas. Everybody keeps saying things are getting better but the wins aren't coming.

What team do you know of right now that is successful with the same number of starting rookies as the Jaguars? College is different than the NFL, my friend
Quote:Could today be Bradley's Little Bighorn?

A game in which his defense was dominant in the first half, they ran the ball well and they are getting blown out at home.

I know rookies make mistakes. But it is more than that.

The team had to use a timeout in the first few minutes. That is a disturbing pattern we have seen all year. I still don't think Bradley knows how to use a challenge properly.

They can't block on field goals. That is the third field goal blocked this season (four if you count preseason).

How many illegal formation or shift penalties has the team had? Where to line up is football 101.

I don't think it is all lack of talent. Mostly poor coaching.

How long will Shad Khan sit on his hands?

I think there is plenty of evidence in the last 2 seasons to show we have a weak HC and overall staff.

We are nearly always less prepared than our opponents and often seem caught off guard.  I don't see a great deal of development with the players.  The game seems above Bradley's head in general.
Why is Bortles is sitting on the sidelines doing nothing?  Why isn't he studying coverages?  Why isn't Fisch giving him some On the Job Training?  Manning and Brady are so good because they're extremely well prepared and they figure things out during games.

I would love to see us with a QB with a drive to win and the right approach.

Quote:Why is Bortles is sitting on the sidelines doing nothing?  Why isn't he studying coverages?  Why isn't Fisch giving him some On the Job Training?  Manning and Brady are so good because they're extremely well prepared and they figure things out during games.

Sulking?
Quote:Why is Bortles is sitting on the sidelines doing nothing?  Why isn't he studying coverages?  Why isn't Fisch giving him some On the Job Training?  Manning and Brady are so good because they're extremely well prepared and they figure things out during games.

[Image: tumblr_lj9wcnwiYi1qzma4ho1_400.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3