Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 1st time going to the stadium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Long time fan. First time going to the jags stadium for a game. Any tips on fun things to do before the game starts? Oh, and where should I park, and how much will parking set me back. Thanks.
Quote:Long time fan. First time going to the jags stadium for a game. Any tips on fun things to do before the game starts? Oh, and where should I park, and how much will parking set me back. Thanks.

Just follow the traffic and you can get in a lot or in the garage for the low, low price of $25.  
Park far, pay 20 bucks, park in georgia pay 5$
Quote:Park far, pay 20 bucks, park in georgia pay 5$
Park east of Downtown, pay nothing. But you will have to buy a new car. 
The grass lot across from the Maxwell house plant is only ten bucks( the grey lot just south of X on this map ) http://prod.static.jaguars.clubs.nfl.com...tMap-3.pdf. Many activities to be had all around the stadium as well as inside the stadium on the south end. Lots of kids activities, food, beverages. Outside on the west side of the stadium is a food truck alley with food and beers, live band, beer trailers etc. Enjoy the game.

I'd suggest taking one of the JTA buses down. $7 gets you there and back. Dont have to fight traffic.

Take the stadium shuttle. 12 bucks round trip.
Quote:Take the stadium shuttle. 12 bucks round trip.

This.
There are a few lots headed towards the stadium on A. Phillip Randolph (before you hit Beaver Street) that are $10 and within walking distance.  In theory, your car shouldn't be up on blocks after the game, as long as you don't have like really nice rims or something.

You could park at the Hyatt Regency garage near the landing. It'll cost you 15$ or so, but you can walk along the st John's river on your way to the stadium (1.5 mile walk). Have fun and hopefully they win for you like they did for me last weekend. The gates don't open until 11.
Quote:I'd suggest taking one of the JTA buses down. $7 gets you there and back. Dont have to fight traffic.

Do they still give out the ticket for a free water? I know they used to do this, so with water being $4 you're really only paying $3 to ride.
Unless the Main St bridge gets stuck like it did a few weeks ago, the traffic really isn't that bad.  After a post-game mini tailgate, getting from Lot J to the Main St Bridge only takes a few minutes.  You should be fine in lot across from Maxwell House.

Don't pregame too hard! Enjoy the experience of walking up the ramps. Feed off the energy of the crowd, people watch soak it all in. That feeling you get when you walk through the tunnel the first time and the stadium opens up will last a lifetime. Look at the field and realize it's the same hundred yards it was in high school. Be in the moment.
Quote:Don't pregame too hard! Enjoy the experience of walking up the ramps. Feed off the energy of the crowd, people watch soak it all in. That feeling you get when you walk through the tunnel the first time and the stadium opens up will last a lifetime. Look at the field and realize it's the same hundred yards it was in high school. Be in the moment.

Yeah this.

I know a lot of tailgaters who would peak too early and by halftime, sometimes even before halftime, they were shot.

They enjoyed themselves too much, but just don't remember a lot of what went on.
My favorite thing to do is park near the school board building on the southbank, walk over to the water taxi stop at the Wyndham docks and take the water taxi over. It's $5 each way and it takes you right to the dock at Metropolitan Park very close to the stadium. It's a very relaxing ride and I see people bring beer on it all the time.

Plenty places to park for free, thats what I used to do. Never had any problems with my truck being broken into etc.

Quote:Unless the Main St bridge gets stuck like it did a few weeks ago, the traffic really isn't that bad.  After a post-game mini tailgate, getting from Lot J to the Main St Bridge only takes a few minutes.  You should be fine in lot across from Maxwell House.
Was that was screwed up traffic for the Steelers game?

Quote:Yeah this.

I know a lot of tailgaters who would peak too early and by halftime, sometimes even before halftime, they were shot.

They enjoyed themselves too much, but just don't remember a lot of what went on.
Guilty as charged!
Quote:Plenty places to park for free, thats what I used to do. Never had any problems with my truck being broken into etc.

You mean on streets? Since I only go to Jacksonville once a year, I would get totally lost if Mom's car is not in a parking lot near the stadium.
The stadium is saved on Mom's GPS, so I never have to use a map but must know whole addresses, not just building and street names. Can I enter information to get to a cheap parking lot or garage within walking distance or with a shuttle?

225 Talleyrand Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32202

Tailgaters

Pages: 1 2 3