Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 8-Year-Old Scores His First Touchdown, Earns a $500 Fine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8-Year-Old Scores His First Touchdown, Earns a $500 Fine

It should have been a proud moment when 8-year-old Elijah Burrell scored his first touchdown in peewee football. The Lawrenceville Black Knights had a 32-0 lead over the other team in the fourth quarter when No. 2 intercepted a pass and raced towards the end zone. However, jubilation over the victory was short-lived.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/8...s-500-fine

If they're so worried about sportsmanship... why not have a mercy rule?  Game over once you're 35+ points ahead or whatever.

Quote:If they're so worried about sportsmanship... why not have a mercy rule? Game over once you're 35+ points ahead or whatever.

Well it was the mercy rule he violated. I agree it should be changed to end the game once the game reaches a certain point total. My issue is that is was a defensive score not an offensive one. What's the alternative? Run out of bounds and take knees the rest of the game?
Man, I didn't score my first touchdown until I was 17.
Pussification at it's finest. SMH

Dumbest rule I have heard. A fine for breaking a mercy rule? Just have a non stop clock at 35 like most associations do, Both HS and little leagues.