Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Need to get a new Play by Play man.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Since we have not had many exciting plays leading up to the brownies game, i just blew off the bad calls FF made on the radio. But with this weeks game and the fast pace at the end of us scoring and getting the ball, i listened to the play by play again. I have to say it is the worst i ever heard i could not even make out what he was saying it was like he was having a fit or something. If we are going to continue winning games and having such explosive and exciting games we need someone who actually can be underdstood when doing the play by play.  It was really awful this past week. Who is out there that could replace him, i would even bring back sexton at least you could understand what he was saying.

Frangie is terrible and the team has to know it. Hopefully he is axed after this year.

"Drob arond the end garbbled garbbled mouth full of marbles somthingdown!! somethingdown!!"

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...5eb9b7d9ab

Watch the game on tv and you wont hear him
I thought he was pretty good until I heard his 'excited voice'. He sounds like someone is squeezing the air out of him.
I was watching some clips from 1999 when Sexton was on the call.  I can only imagine the level of FAIL it would have been like in 99 if Frangie was the P-B-P guy....

Quote:"Drob arond the end garbbled garbbled mouth full of marbles somthingdown!! somethingdown!!"

Most of that seems to be that the ambient crowd noise overwhelms the PBP voice. I don't know if it's a production/levels issue or if Frangie's voice just doesn't penetrate the way Sexton's did.
Quote:"Drob arond the end garbbled garbbled mouth full of marbles somthingdown!! somethingdown!!"

The voice he puts on when he's excited is bizarre and unintelligible, I've never heard anything like it. 

During the Allen Robinson TD I'm pretty sure he says "At the 5...at the 10", someone listening to the radio would think Robinson was running backwards.
He's been terrible since the day he started.

I was in the car on the way home from work during the Jaguars-Falcons game. On the long Bortles TD he said something like "Bortles back to pass....(up ten octaves)...he's got Marqise Lee!....(ten more octaves)....touchdown Jaguars!.

Awkward

Don't know why they changed it be because dude sounds a mess. It sounds like fake enthusiasm on big plays. He's trash no doubt.
Agree, don't like the guy. Sounds like a contrived fan.
Listening to FF is like listening to someone with special needs do the game play by play.

Quote:Agree, don't like the guy. Sounds like a contrived fan.

If you hire a "professional" play by play guy you're going to get a "contrived fan". That's their job.
Quote:He's been terrible since the day he started.

I was in the car on the way home from work during the Jaguars-Falcons game. On the long Bortles TD he said something like "Bortles back to pass....(up ten octaves)...he's got Marqise Lee!....(ten more octaves)....touchdown Jaguars!.

Awkward

It sounds to me like he's acting.   As if he's rehearsed his "excited voice."  

A great play by play man is genuinely excited.   Frangie sounds like he's acting. 
I second that.  When I was watching the highlights on NFL.com, Frangie sounded TERRIBLE.  I was embarrassed, and I couldn't understand what he was trying to say.  I miss Sexton BIG TIME.

Confused:

[Image: confused.gif]

Quote:Watch the game on tv and you won't hear him

I watched the game on TV and what I heard was by far the worst thing any commentator ever said. It was so bad you have to hear it to believe it.

How did CBS hire a guy who can't count to 10?
Quote:I second that.  When I was watching the highlights on NFL.com, Frangie sounded TERRIBLE.  I was embarrassed, and I couldn't understand what he was trying to say.  I miss Sexton BIG TIME.
Exactly was what i thought hearing the replay of some of the plays on NFL network. It was embarrasing, sounded like some highschooler with his voice changing. Then not understanding what he says. Im sure Khan will not put up with crappy announcing showcasing his improved product. I wish they would replace him immediately.
I can honestly say that I miss Sexton on the call - after trying to listen to Frangie...

Even if our 2 yard run sounded like it was a 75 yard touchdown.

I can't help but laugh anytime I even think about those calls.

Tried to tell some of you. He's horrible.

Sexton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frangie
Pages: 1 2 3