Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Any Jeep Wrangler Owners out there?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an 04 Sahara. Recently I was given a 3 piece set including a windjammer for the back. It doesnt seem to fit, so Im assuming its for a different model. But I cant get any answers from anyone.

Id sell all three for just the wind jammer.

Anyone?

Thanks

I don't own one personally, but I know that fitting an aftermarket top is gonna be tight. 

Yours is an 04, that is considered a TJ model I believe (also the best and the last of the 4.0 inline)? 

As long as the tops pieces match the model designation, you should have the right item.  Putting the top on - especially when new and not stretched to fit yet can be a pain.

Quote:I don't own one personally, but I know that fitting an aftermarket top is gonna be tight. 

Yours is an 04, that is considered a TJ model I believe (also the best and the last of the 4.0 inline)? 

As long as the tops pieces match the model designation, you should have the right item.  Putting the top on - especially when new and not stretched to fit yet can be a pain.
Thanks. Its not an after market. The pieces have Jeep logo tags on them. My roll bars have speakers and dome lights on both sides, so maybe it needs a different piece that fits from what I have
Remember that Jeep doesn't make that many tops so the same soft top is used whether you have the sound bar, or the addl interior lights.  I can't remember if Jeep made the unlimited versions back then (4 door soft tops)- maybe you have pieces for that model? 

How close is it?  I mean, is it very close but just needs to be pulled with pliers to fit the frame or rails?  As stated, they are TIGHT when new. 

I have one, like my man said, it's seriously tight when you put on the tops.

Leave it in the sun and get some large friends to help you.

I don't think they had the 4 doors back then RM.

I concur with the tightness issue. It will fit, you just need lots of patience and what Senor said, large friends. Or ones who have some strength. It took me and my ex-husband a couple of hours, and several recuperation beers, to put a new top on the Wrangler we had back in the day.

Man I miss that thing.