Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Key to winning the Phins game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the defense and the O-line have made drastic strides, which in turn has ignited a running game.  This team is finally competitive, which is all i hoped for this season and hope in plays out the rest of the way.

I think this game comes down to one person:  Jedd Fisch.

He needs to gameplan the heck out of this thing, and pencil whip the phins.  They don't have much tape on Bortles, who is changing and maturing by the week.  I hope to see the passing game catch fire.  To do so, i think Fisch needs to call an innovative game for Bortles, one that the phins D isn't prepared for.   If we exploit them in the passing game, i think the rest takes care of itself and we win this thing.  Let's capitalize on our weapon.

My prediction, we come close but not quite enough.  Go Jags!

The defensive line needs to repeat the Browns game performance. If they don't, J.T. Thomas will have a long day.

More Denard than Toby. I want to see Gerhart used primarily as a situational or change of pace running back.

Make better decisions. Blake Bortles needs to show he is learning from mistakes that cause some interceptions.

I think it will be a close win.

Score more points than the phins and you win.. That's the master key.. 

I definitely think the defensive line needs to come out swinging. With the amount of question marks in the linebacker corp due to the injury to Poz and the shuffle board that is our Cornerback corp, the Defensive line needs to help shorten the throwing time and force some bad throws/decisions.

For the offensive side of the ball the line play will be just as important. Keep BB5 upright and clean. Allow him to make the proper reads and progressions. With Denard starting at RB have faith that he will run hard hitting holes fast but the holes have to be created by the line.

I think special teams will also play a big role in a win. A great punt or two and a good return will help both sides.

Just my .02