Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official Jaguars and Dolphins Injury Reports***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good news: another short list this week.

CB Alan Ball Bicep DNP

C Luke Bowanko Ankle LP

DE Andre Branch Groin DNP

RB Toby Gerhart Foot LP

S Craig Loston Hamstring LP

Note: Aaron Colvin is still on the NFI list, but allowed to practice on a limited basis.

The Dolphins do not name the injured body part or region, so I have to look somewhere else for their report.

On their official site they do list the body part, however, they're not yet showing the report for week 8...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report.html

Quote:On their official site they do list the body part, however, they're not yet showing the report for week 8...

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report.html

Oh that's a different page. I saw it on the homepage IIRC.
Quote:Good news: another short list this week.

CB Alan Ball Bicep DNP

C Luke Bowanko Ankle LP

RB Toby Gerhart Foot LP

S Craig Loston Hamstring LP

Note: Aaron Colvin is still on the NFI list, but allowed to practice on a limited basis.

The Dolphins do not name the injured body part or region, so I have to look somewhere else for their report.
It might be a short list but I wouldnt call it good news.  3 of our top players on defense looking like they will be out.  Poz, Ball, and Branch.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400...game-miami
Quote:It might be a short list but I wouldnt call it good news.  3 of our top players on defense looking like they will be out.  Poz, Ball, and Branch.

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400...game-miami

Poz does not count because he is on IR. Branch is in the defensive end rotation, not a starter. And we all know Toby Gerhart probably is going to be a backup anyway.
Quote:Poz does not count because he is on IR. Branch is in the defensive end rotation, not a starter. And we all know Toby Gerhart probably is going to be a backup anyway.
Poz dont count?  Just because he is on IR doesnt mean the team wont miss him, he does count on this defense.  He hasnt had that good of a year but he played good last week and hopefully JT can put our D players in the right position if one of them gets out of where they need to be.  Also just because Branch is not a starter doesnt mean it couldnt hurt our pass rush a little, if you actually watched the Jags you would know Poz and Branch both out could hurt us some on D.  Hopefully Davis provides the pass rush we need and JT plays solid but we have to wait and see.
Quote:Poz dont count?  Just because he is on IR doesn't mean the team won't miss him, he does count on this defense.  He hasn't had that good of a year but he played good last week and hopefully JT can put our D players in the right position if one of them gets out of where they need to be.  Also just because Branch is not a starter doesn't mean it couldn't hurt our pass rush a little, if you actually watched the Jags you would know Poz and Branch both out could hurt us some on D.  Hopefully Davis provides the pass rush we need and JT plays solid but we have to wait and see.

If you want to count Poz, you should count every player on IR. Nobody ever counted Marcedes Lewis after Week 2.
Quote:If you want to count Poz, you should count every player on IR. Nobody ever counted Marcedes Lewis after Week 2.
Its all adds up
As much as losing Poz for the year and losing Branch for several weeks hurts, what may hurt even more this week is losing Alan Ball. Alan has easily been our best CB the past few weeks, and it's probably wishful thinking to expect Gratz to play as well.

On the bright side, Gerhart is back. While Denard should start, the two of them are completely different kinds of RBs who together could give the Jaguars a real one-two punch if the OL keeps playing like the did last week.

As for Marcedes, he's on IR but he was listed as able to return so he might be back around the same time as Branch. Colvin should be going strong at CB by then as well. If the Jaguars stay healthy they could turn into a true spoiler come December.

Alright Gratzy.... Show us why you were a 3rd round pick
Everyone practiced for Miami. Best shape health wise for the season. 

Dolphins looking healthy. Im sad Branch will miss some games and it will be weird not hearing Poz name sunday.... I hope our Def can step up without them.

Quote:As much as losing Poz for the year and losing Branch for several weeks hurts, what may hurt even more this week is losing Alan Ball. Alan has easily been our best CB the past few weeks, and it's probably wishful thinking to expect Gratz to play as well.

On the bright side, Gerhart is back. While Denard should start, the two of them are completely different kinds of RBs who together could give the Jaguars a real one-two punch if the OL keeps playing like the did last week.

As for Marcedes, he's on IR but he was listed as able to return so he might be back around the same time as Branch. Colvin should be going strong at CB by then as well. If the Jaguars stay healthy they could turn into a true spoiler come December.

Alan Ball may be our best cornerback, but Posluszny is a team captain and quarterback for the defense, not just another linebacker.

I think our plan for Aaron Colvin is to let him start practicing a week before moving him to the active roster. He is not eligible to play yet.

Toby Gerhart is more like a situational running back. As long as he has foot problems, he will not be a good compelement for Denard Robinson.

Marcedes Lewis will get back before Andre Branch.
Quote:Dolphins looking healthy. I'm sad Branch will miss some games and it will be weird not hearing Poz name Sunday. I hope our defense can step up without them.

It will be weird not hearing Branch's name either. I am confident the defensive line will be OK without him, but very concerned about them missing Poz.
Thursday update:

CB Alan Ball Bicep DNP

C Luke Bowanko Ankle FP

RB Toby Gerhart Foot FP

CB Dwayne Gratz Hip Flexor LP

S Craig Loston Hamstring FP

Note: Aaron Colvin, who is still on the NFI list, did not practice.

Friday report:

CB Alan Ball Bicep DNP Out

C Luke Bowanko Ankle FP Probable

DE Andre Branch Groin DNP Out

RB Toby Gerhart Foot FP Probable

CB Dwayne Gratz Hip Flexor DNP Questionable

S Craig Loston Hamstring FP Probable

I'm so officially happy that we have another official thread on our official forum for us to officially be informed of official injury updates.  Officially.

Quote:I'm so officially happy that we have another official thread on our official forum for us to officially be informed of official injury updates. Officially.

***you need asterisks to make that post even more official***