Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What moves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what moves did we do to replace Poz and branch?

Moved JT Thomas to MLB and Branch was a rotational guy as is so I don't believe we activated anyone to fill in for him. Not yet anyway.
Thought they activated Chris Smith to the roster Branch?
Yup, they just Poz in IR and then pulled Smith up from the PS.
I'm very interested to see smith out there, I see him kind of feeling things out in the first half but will have an impact play in the second
I'm glad to see Chris Smith on the roster.  Maybe he'll be active in a couple of weeks.

Quote:Thought they activated Chris Smith to the roster [to replace] Branch?
They did.
Quote:They did.

My mistake. Didn't see they activated him
I'm more worried about who takes jt Thomas role . Wish they could tweak it to get Telvin in there more
JT will be MLB, Telvin will primarily be WLB, and Wattson and Geno will be Otto.  Pretty sure that's how Bradley explained it.
They also signed a CB to the PS to fill the void Chris Smith left there. Lou Young. 

Quote: 

Young, 6-1, 196, was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by Denver where he spent the preseason before he was waived on final cuts. 

He spent four weeks on the Baltimore Ravens practice squad before he was waived on October 9.

I believe Jeremiah George will be in the mix at backup MLB as well.

Quote:I believe Jeremiah George will be in the mix at backup MLB as well.

<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'> </a>

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'><span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@ryanohalloran</span></span></a> · <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/524246590056591362' title="10:11 AM - 20 Oct 2014"><span>Oct 20</a></span>
</div>

<p class="" style="font-size:16px;">Gus says Jeremiah George, inactive since being signed from Jets prax squad, will be in back-up MLB mix.

Quote:I'm more worried about who takes jt Thomas role . Wish they could tweak it to get Telvin in there more

They will.

Let's see what Chris Smith can do for us.

He was picked right at the same time as Telvin Smith... hopefully he can also start contributing.

He was considered a steal in the 5th round as well and he flashed some ability in pre-season....

Hopefully we can get ahead of the Dolphins and put them in passing situations........ the lightning package with Chris Smith, Ryan Davis, Senderrick Marks, and Chris Clemons can still be deadly.

Quote:JT will be MLB, Telvin will primarily be WLB, and Wattson and Geno will be Otto. Pretty sure that's how Bradley explained it.

My understanding is Telvin and Geno will continue to split WLB, JT will hold down the Mike with George backing him, and then Watson and Reynolds will play the Otto.
Cool little read about JT:

Thomas has a brother named Jared who hasautism. Thomas is a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity and was initiated through the Nu Zeta Chapter at WVU. Thomas attendedBlanche Ely High School, where he was teammates with Patrick Peterson.[4]

He gained some national media attention for taking a disabled eighth grade girl in Morgantown, West Virginia to her 8th grade dance on Friday, May 20, 2011.[5][6] He received more national attention after he gave a 14-year old boy with epilepsy tickets toSuper Bowl XLVI, with Thomas also attending the game.[7]
Quote:They will.
Yeah.  He was in on 38 of 74 snaps Sunday.  I imagine that will increase a little. 

As of now it's pretty much nickel stuff, but I could see him rotate in at Will in non-nickel situations some. 
Quote:Cool little read about JT:

Thomas has a brother named Jared who has autism. Thomas is a member of Omega Psi Phi Fraternity and was initiated through the Nu Zeta Chapter at WVU. Thomas attended Blanche Ely High School, where he was teammates with Patrick Peterson.[4]

He gained some national media attention for taking a disabled eighth grade girl in Morgantown, West Virginia to her 8th grade dance on Friday, May 20, 2011.[5][6] He received more national attention after he gave a 14-year old boy with epilepsy tickets to Super Bowl XLVI, with Thomas also attending the game.[7]

So he would understand my struggles with those disorders. We got a good player who is also a good person for sure.

Where did you read that?
Quote:He received more national attention after he gave a 14-year old boy with epilepsy tickets toSuper Bowl XLVI

Doesn't sound like a good idea...
Pages: 1 2